A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help, I want to change the gauge cluster in my 04 spec v to the angel gauge faces that are on ebay.

04-UP Angel Gauge & Have SENTRA SE-R SER Gauges : eBay Motors (item 190393296354 end time May-30-10 18:43:26 PDT)

First has anyone done this yet and if so was it a pain in the ass? Has anyone had any issues after they installed this? and I have a full warranty on my car from the dealership 3yr/36k anyone know if it would void my warranty because I modified the gauge cluster?

I looked all over this site and cant find to much on this. If anyone has any pics or vids of this mod please post it.

greddy ti-c catback
injen cold air intake
megan racing header
eibach prokit springs

·
Registered
888 Posts
It's been done before. It was pretty easy to install. I really doubt it will void the warrenty. The only thing is you will hear a buzzing noise from the transformer, but once you turn on your radio you won't even really hear it. It will look blueish white, and when you flip the switch it will be greenish white. I just wish the guage face was black instead of white.

Here's an example of how it looks like on the "blue/white" settings on my car.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
Pretty much what ^^^ said. I don't really hear any buzzing from the transformer, which isn't surprising with solid motor mounts, lol. They definitely would look better all black, but still an improvement over stock. Install wasn't that bad, you don't even have to remove the needles.

Here's a crappy pic on the blue setting:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, if this an overlay that lights up or replace a piece, my cluster stopped lighting up when I replaced the radio. This would be a Viable solution if it lights up~

A/C Lights don't come on either.... weird~

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yep, I've done allot of rewiring since then too and I memorized my common gear to RPM, I drive by sound~. Perks of a louder car!

It's just. This seems would solve my problem~

Drove my buddies lux and got a speeding ticket. Effing thing was too quiet.~
Got out of it though, cop said I smelt like pot, I pulled my military ID and Flipped out about how he couldn't tell the dif. between pot and coffee~~ Then wrote I letter to the judge. Win ~~

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
these are overlays that light up themselves and have nothing to do with the lighting from the stock sources, we actually did this to a friends car cause the bulbs died and instead of replacing them threw these in

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks allot, I guess these definitely beat paying an electrician~

Fuck that guy, I respect cops and all. It's a shit job but they don't make the rules, everyone that doesn't go vote does. (If enough people said, Speed limit 85 then bam it's 85, laws are common interest of the people. In my old town all the streets were 20 in Res. 75 freeway and 45~55 intercity it was love, red light racing was chill cause the light setup and long straight roads, there's damn near no way a cop sneaks up on you.) He was just a dick~

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
these are overlays that light up themselves and have nothing to do with the lighting from the stock sources, we actually did this to a friends car cause the bulbs died and instead of replacing them threw these in
Hey I have a question for u. I just ordered these gauges because one side of my cluster does not light up anymore Its not the bulbs I checked that but I know the gauges themself work off of a little transformer of some sort but does that make the needles light up as well or do u still need the bulbs in the cluster to light the needles? Not sure if u know the answer but figured I would ask lol.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hey I have a question for u. I just ordered these gauges because one side of my cluster does not light up anymore Its not the bulbs I checked that but I know the gauges themself work off of a little transformer of some sort but does that make the needles light up as well or do u still need the bulbs in the cluster to light the needles? Not sure if u know the answer but figured I would ask lol.
it does need the stock cluster light for the odometer display and needles. i used red LEDs so it matched the overlays

you check the printed circut board for any breaks or crap where the bulb twist sits? you changed the bulbs to make sure?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
do these gauges havedifferent colr settings?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it does need the stock cluster light for the odometer display and needles. i used red LEDs so it matched the overlays

you check the printed circut board for any breaks or crap where the bulb twist sits? you changed the bulbs to make sure?
This is probley a stupid question but whats the printed circut board ? I know I sanded the crap out of the back of my gauge faces and there was a grey like lining that I sanded off I am hoping that has nothing to do with anything lol.. I was looking to replace the bulbs and sockets I found this link can anyone tell me what would be the replacement for mine its a 04 specv lol

Super Bright LEDs - Instrument Cluster and Gauge Backlights

·
Registered
714 Posts
Printed circuit board is not on the gauge overlay its the green boards in the plastic white cluster bousing that holds the odometer screen and bulbs.

Sent from my phone. Who cares what it is, they all do it now-a-days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, if this an overlay that lights up or replace a piece, my cluster stopped lighting up when I replaced the radio. This would be a Viable solution if it lights up~

A/C Lights don't come on either.... weird~
same thing happened to me when i put my headunit in and i tried everything but nothing would work so i look around to other forums and someone said it might be the dim switch long story short two speeding tickets and 20 bucks for a switch out of a junk yard sentra and now my lights work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts