A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts
based on @CrickiKaze 's nismo insert i have here (let me know if you want it back, i am so backed up in the shop lol), they arent the same size rod. But I can easily re-bore the ones i use for the MR16 cars for the b15
Not in a rush, have other things that are a higher priority as well.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nissan utilises a pull off method for the manual shift knobs, has anyone successfully found a thread adaptor or could recommend good aftermarket shift knobs that fit the pull off? Would be muchly appreciated :)
Not too long ago my brother offered to buy me a shift knob. he wanted to buy me like an anime shift knob which I didn’t want so I ended up looking around and found this place Billetworkz . There are two types of shift knobs you can buy from here it’s called a half teardrop and a hybrid(weighted). These will fit the shifter without any extra hardware… at least I think. This is how it looks(I got the hybrid)

I haven’t installed it yet but I thinks going to feel awesome. I hope I helped in something.

And yes the shift pattern is wrong but I don’t care cuz it was a gift 😀

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've heard of those! They are good shit! They fit pretty good! Just keep the alan key in the car, the lock screws tend to loosen up over time, I had a similar set-up in my B15 for a while, damn near punched the radio one day hahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a b17 S 6speed and am definitely interested in a new shift knob. But also a short shifter. I’ve searched your site (been following your for a while) and I couldn’t find one. Is this something you can do?

I really am interested in the 2nd mid pipe replacement you have for the non turbo MR, as well as a cold air intake.

Just want to get the engine breathing better and shifting smoother. Keep up the great work man.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just got a b17 S 6speed and am definitely interested in a new shift knob. But also a short shifter. I’ve searched your site (been following your for a while) and I couldn’t find one. Is this something you can do?

I really am interested in the 2nd mid pipe replacement you have for the non turbo MR, as well as a cold air intake.

Just want to get the engine breathing better and shifting smoother. Keep up the great work man.
There is a company out there who makes a short shifter for this trans, I just don't recall the name. It is a NIGHTMARE to install. A customer who was here last week put it on their car, took them 2 hours just to get a set pin out.

I highly recommend doing a FMIC before you do anything else. The heat soak of the OEM unit KILLS power after a long drive. 2 pulls on a dyno saw a ~15% reduction in total torque output.

As for an intake, avoid cold air intakes;

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there I happen to come across this site called 4H Tech short shifters. They are based from the Netherlands and they sell a short shifter for the Nissan Sentra 1.6L turbo ( Short Shifter for Nissan Sentra 1.6 SR Turbo ). I bought one on 5/5/21 and got it on 5/7/21. I haven’t opened it … this is how it looks.

And yes this is all the hardware. I hope I helped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts