A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just recently got myself a 2001 sentra xe and I haven't done any serious mods other than my 5" intake, crankcase breather, and my sound system I suppose. She's got little over 200k clicks and gets better care than the girlfriend. I'll post pics later. Any advice with the car? I'm planning on turboing it, however I haven't found a suitable exhaust manifold for the qg18de

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum. ^.^
Boost is always fun. I'm preparing for turbo as well.
I'm no Sentra driver so I have no advice for you, unfortunately. Post up some pics and good luck with your build.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You and I are on the same boat, I guess lol. I forgot whether the ga16 manifold fits, I do know the bolt holes line up though. Everyone I know who went turbo on their QG used a Protech manifold, internal wastegate, log-style. There is an OBX turbo manifold with a Mitsu flange, no idea how well that works. Welcome :wavey:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
They've seen 240+ reliably. After a turbo install they still weigh less than a N/A Spec V. They haul very nicely and are really fun.
In the long run however, a Spec V, or almost any other car for that matter, is a potentially faster choice :(

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Welcome fellow 1.8L there's two threads one about QG side exit exhast and the other custom intake

here's my XE know is not kind to the eyes is my baby that takes me to school and back
2013-05-07_09-14-04_18.jpg
2013-05-07_09-13-43_579.jpg

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
:ugh:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
and then you woke up from the dream you woke up in

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

·
39,082 Posts
OP, welcome.

Funguy, hold the fuc up, are those gauge pods facing OUTWARDS? :eek13:

Reactions: PhantomEagle454

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
They are so the people in front of him know he means business when they see him in their rearview

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
no i angle them to face the the driver
OP, welcome.

Funguy, hold the fuc up, are those gauge pods facing OUTWARDS? :eek13:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts