A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 04 Spec-V and I'm loving everything except that it sucks gas. I get ~16mpg, and I've noticed people who claim to be in the upper 20's city and 30's hwy. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for improving gas economy.

·
Registered
8,811 Posts
I recently bought a 04 Spec-V and I'm loving everything except that it sucks gas. I get ~16mpg, and I've noticed people who claim to be in the upper 20's city and 30's hwy. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for improving gas economy.
Stay under 3k rpm llol

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't press, cruise. MY buddy's spec got 26. Stock except for intake, header, exhaust. And like 5 resonators. He freewayed 60 miles a day at literally posted speedlimit in the slow lane. So it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
5,004 Posts
Sounds like you may need an actual tune up and some maintenance as I have never gotten 16 mpg at any point. maybe low 20s.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
On the internet, everyone gets good numbers. If you are worried about mileage, add an intake or wire in a safc or do something to lean it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Helllll no. Wrong for so many reasons.

Couple things. Check spark plug condition. Fix any cel. Use 91 octane atleast (called for from factory). Tires at 35 psi.. May have to dig deeper if all the obvious stuff is good.

Some other info is needed. You need to know your mods if any or if it has a tuned ecu. On the norm it should be a solid mid to upper 20s mpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get a tune-up, with a fuel system cleanout. Check plugs and filters, tire pressure and use those upper gears - no reason you can't get 20+...pic from 6 years ago for attention. mileage.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
OP, are you new to driving stick? I always got 27-33 with mine (1st-4th-6th typically) unless I was really banging it around/playing around then I only got 23-25.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts