A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone cool with hogan from starnissan? Might need help soon, and i need someone who knows him well to ask him a few questions for me. Since i dont know him as well, i dont want to call him and bother the shit outta him.

The problem is when my car starts it stutters and shakes as if its gonna stall, but shakes ALOT...but after 2-3 seconds it stops and runs normal. Also i noticed my Idle has been 1 bar up from normal. Soooo, i read up on B15Sentra.net, and most of the people that had this symptom is due to a blown headgasket. I havent gotten any misfiring codes, which some of those guys had. But the symptoms are all the same from theirs. High Idle, Shaking and stuttering at starts.

So what i need to ask Hogan is if..

Im the 3rd owner of the car, car has 56k miles, is that still under the warranty that covers the blown headgasket?

If Yes, then continue..

Does his Dealer care about MODs on the car?
How much will everything cost me, or is it under warranty? If not, whats the damage i gotta pay?

Well thats my questions for now. If you guys can help me either reply back or just call my cell.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
does the car overheat?? cause honestly thats the only way you would blow a headgasket.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, no it doesnt over heat.

Also on b15sentra, they say that it MIGHT be sparkplugs. Maybe ill check on those first...just wanted to get the big picture out of my head first..

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo matt, i havent checked butterfly screws...In fact i dont even know how to check, the write up on B15Sentra, is not clear enough for me. For me to open up my engine, with out any experience is a NO NO.

Has anyone done this and would like to help me?

LMK.

Thanks in advance guys. And thanks for answering stay and matt.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Look Mike keep driving your car hard before it hits 60k which is when the power train manufacturer's warranty will expire. After that hmmmm.

So if the MoFo is gonna blow it blows B4 60K

·
Registered
409 Posts
u could just go to a dealership and ask the Shop Stewart and he could give u a more precise answer on "is it under warranty?"
you'd be surprised what u can get by just asking!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
yo dude it sound like u just got a little in the airflow and it trowing of the maf sensor so don't go crazy with the butterfly that not something u should be playing with especially if u never had the problem before first let us know what was the last thing u did before having the prblem or u probably need to reset the computer with the key of key on ignition it been a while my other friend had what sound like the same problem . i know a justin at star nissan i not sure if he stlll working there so let me know

·
Registered
191 Posts
yo the mechanic i called today and left him a message he na call be back yet when i hear something i get back to u

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm not really COOL with him the way you are talking about but I've spoked to him several times. He'll definitely look at your car despite the mods. He'll even tell you about his maxima pushing 400something whp and that it's turbocharged. When i went there, he was giving me tips and stuff on the absolute mods to have. He also advised AEM CAI than nismo CAI but prefer NISMO header than anything else. He told me that he won't void my warranty if I had them, etc. I say just go and introduce yourself politely. Don't go up there like you know everything and that you're all that cuz' then he'll just laugh at you and not even entertain you or tell you he's busy. I know cuz i saw someone go up there and stuff and he just didn't pay him any mind. He'll spend some time with you. Just show some respect and all... you know common courtesy.

G

·
i know Hogan at star nissan. he helped me out when i had to get a new motor for my spec. he let a technician by the name of Tom work on my car. Hogan usually goes to him for work on the modified cars. Hogan will work wit u dependin on how modified the car is. My car had a cold air intake and exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts