A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a Open Source Fuel Management System

I am about to start designing an Open Source Fuel Management System. The first version of this will be fuel management/ logging only and based on the Arduino , it will be comparable to the AFC Neo with the addition of more functions.

Basic Features
54 digital input/output pins (of which 14 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs
Diagnostics
OBD-II PIDs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs
Display real-time engine data (external display/ phone/ pc)
log real-time engine data
Virtual dashboard (external display/ phone/ pc)
Display and log DTC's
Clear DTC’s
Piggyback tuning

Future Feature Ideas
O2 emulation
802.xx remote start
Virtual dyno
Multiple tuning maps
On the fly switching
Boost controller
Programmable
Auto tune?

I am trying to see if anyone would be interested in this product, I am not saying I plan on selling it right now; I am just trying to get some feedback on this project, ideas, suggestions, feature requests…
We all know how much piggybacks and standalones cost, I would like to get an idea how much someone might pay for this product if it ever comes to market. The hardware price will be minimum; the true cost of the product will be programming and testing.

My Notes:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd be interested.

Price, idk 100? If it goes to 200, then might as well get a used SAFC.

Could also consider making it plug-n-play for people who don't want to / too lazy to splice things.

Also maybe consider doing different versions. Cheaper version for those who are just n/a with bolt-ons. Fully featured version for those boosting.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feedback, love it...

Price, idk 100? If it goes to 200, then might as well get a used SAFC.
My goal is $100 or less, right now I do not have a solid number as to cost yet because the hardware I am starting off with is a bit more expensive than the hardware I plan on using only for the fact I already have some hardware. I do not want to product this product if it comes too close to the price of a NEO UNLESS I can justify the price with quality and options. As of right now my fucntion list is more than what a NEO can offer.

Could also consider making it plug-n-play for people who don't want to / too lazy to splice things.
plug-n-play will be hard one to pull off, not impossible but hard, this will not be a vehical specific device, at first it will be run on the cars I own (05 colorado, 03 TLS, (09 G37x (maybe)), and @2002blackspec_v 's B15. The only way I can picture a plug-n-play solution would be to produce a stand off connector that sits between the ECU and the wire harness, thats just a fast solution I just thought of, there might be other options.

Also maybe consider doing different versions. Cheaper version for those who are just n/a with bolt-ons. Fully featured version for those boosting.
This is what I plan on doing. First version of this will be a basic piggyback tuning solution. After I get that tackled I plan on adding features. The possibilities on this are endless. Not confortable with tuning? how about data log, and connect the tuning device to the internet and push log files to me or someone else for tuning. Need real time help? How about tether the tuning device to your phone and have someone real time help you tune the vehical...Want to share your tune with a friend..feel free, want to modify the source code...feel free

·
Registered
458 Posts
Would be a cool way to tune my superecharged 02 and ditch the shitty safc neo.

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts