A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so can you give me the details what you bought and how you did it? Haven't found anything yet but still looking. This is for my turbo build with tubular mani is why it's posted here...

· Registered
820 Posts
well i have pusher fans. i have a vq swap. both my fans died, so i just went on ebay and found some fans with good cfms. fans could be pusher/puller. just had to flip the fan blade and reverse the polarity. then i used these nylon zip ties for radiators. done deal :)

· Registered
9,640 Posts
Isn't there a whole thread on fans? I can't remember if their pushers, but couldn't you just mount them backwards? Lol. Look for the thread, CORNDOG made it I'm pretty sure.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
just a little thing i did back in the early spring:

vq swap with 2 14" fans set on the front. in traffic i couldnt run the a/c at a redlight for more than 30 sec without the needle moving up. this year i went to a local sheetmetal place and bought something called galvalum or something like that. its got the same lasting power as stainless without the price. i bought it in a 25-35 section and came home. tore the front end apart, got my air sheer and some measurements and went to work making a fan shroud with the least amount of space for air to get out before going through the rad. i spaced the fans out roughly 1" from the condenser and mounted the fans to the shroud. now there are no plastic zip tie things running through the core possibly causing a leak one day and my car can idle for who knows how long. i did a test a few weeks back and after letting it run for 25min sitting in the sun at 100* i grew tired of wasting the gas. for 20 bux it was well worth the time and effort.

· Registered
820 Posts
just a little thing i did back in the early spring:

vq swap with 2 14" fans set on the front. in traffic i couldnt run the a/c at a redlight for more than 30 sec without the needle moving up. this year i went to a local sheetmetal place and bought something called galvalum or something like that. its got the same lasting power as stainless without the price. i bought it in a 25-35 section and came home. tore the front end apart, got my air sheer and some measurements and went to work making a fan shroud with the least amount of space for air to get out before going through the rad. i spaced the fans out roughly 1" from the condenser and mounted the fans to the shroud. now there are no plastic zip tie things running through the core possibly causing a leak one day and my car can idle for who knows how long. i did a test a few weeks back and after letting it run for 25min sitting in the sun at 100* i grew tired of wasting the gas. for 20 bux it was well worth the time and effort.
nice, what did you use to space the fans off the condenser?

pics please :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.