A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys think that these are good quality? I'd rather get these than the $130 ones from the store but if the quality is significantly worse I will go with the ones from advanced Auto parts. I was also wondering if I will need to buy orings or if the parts usually include them?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You can check rock auto great prices and variety of brands. You will most likely need prongs but best to ask the seller. You do have access to a vac evacuation pump before you charge it right? Not exactly plug n play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can check rock auto great prices and variety of brands. You will most likely need prongs but best to ask the seller. You do have access to a vac evacuation pump before you charge it right? Not exactly plug n play.
Yes I have found a vacuum pump and gauge set that I am going to order along with freon and PAG 46 oil. I saw the ones on rock auto that where alittle cheaper but wasn't sure of the quality because there seems to be more reliable information online about the brand's I have above.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean prongs? Haven't come across that in my research.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I have one sitting in my garage that hasn't been used since I got the car in 04, pulled it out/off in 2011 or 2012.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Condenser, evaporator and I think the expansion valve is still on the evaporator but not sure as I can't remember pulling it off...or maybe it's on the condenser.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I didn't replace anything, only thing that was a pita to pull was the evaporator.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't replace anything, only thing that was a pita to pull was the evaporator.
Why did you pull your AC out? Or did you just pull them off a scrap car for spares? I assume getting the dash off was the hardest part of pulling the evap right?

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I never used my AC, only really used once or twice when my wife was pregnant with the first kid, not point in having something around I never use. I lived in Texas and North Carolina when I was using it and I don't use it while I'm here in Hawaii.

Was trying to sell them along time ago but now they sit and collect dust.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Oh, I didn't pull the dash apart IIRC, went from the side(s), the lower panels up front.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never used my AC, only really used once or twice when my wife was pregnant with the first kid, not point in having something around I never use. I lived in Texas and North Carolina when I was using it and I don't use it while I'm here in Hawaii.

Was trying to sell them along time ago but now they sit and collect dust.
That makes sense. How hard was it to pull the dash off? How long would you take it took and what did you use to guide you?

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
like I said, only pulled two plastics off, they weren't structural at all. I didn't use a guide but maybe less than an hour to pull all the components out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts