A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the long-standing disbelief in the QR's ability to rev, I continue the push this platform to prove that the QR, when built right, can handle substantial RPM - and thrive while doing so.
We have MANY components available now that previously limited this engine.
Things such as billet oil pump gears, billet timing sprockets, Diamond Claw crank locks, beehive valve springs, 3/4-groove main bearings, tri-metal rod bearings... and, of course, ATI dampers.
Other items are in the queue for 2022 in which I hope to bring the NA potential to new heights as well.
With nearly identical dimensional specs as the extremely successful K24 engine, it's time we elevate the QR to another level.

I'm looking to gather a list of those who may be interested in a group buy.
Price will be set at $750 +shipping due in full (less shipping cost) before the order is placed.
ATI estimates a pretty long lead time (6-9mo) but this is likely the case no matter when the order is placed.
Once enough interest is garnered, I will set up the pre-order on www.VisionOneRacing.com so that everybody will have a formal order confirmation on the books.
Each order will be informed when production is complete and your damper will ship out upon payment of shipping costs.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Wonder it they would make a replacement part for the other one I have laying around that the key way got widened...?

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Wonder it they would make a replacement part for the other one I have laying around that the key way got widened...?
Dam no kidding??

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
I'd be interested just how soon tho. Not in a rush at the moment

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Dam no kidding??
No kidding, was going to get a round block of billet and make a replacement for it after I found a machine shop but was never a priority. Guy that built my current block didn't want to use it but used it for the crank balancing.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They should be able to repair it (replace the hub) if it's sent into them.
The 'hub' is really the actual custom part that they need to make so it may be costly. I've run into that as well which is precisely why I came out with the Diamond Claw.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be interested just how soon tho. Not in a rush at the moment

I'm going to give it some time (probably a month or two) to gather significant interest and then will post a "pre-sale" at www.VisionOneRacing.com

Reactions: Kazspec04

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
They should be able to repair it (replace the hub) if it's sent into them.
The 'hub' is really the actual custom part that they need to make so it may be costly. I've run into that as well which is precisely why I came out with the Diamond Claw.
IIRC they didn't want to make a replacement at the time, right now I can't justify getting a 3rd dampener.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IIRC they didn't want to make a replacement at the time, right now I can't justify getting a 3rd dampener.
I hear ya. But, really the hub is the most critical part regarding fitment so I'd be hesitant to use a custom piece.
I do intend to discuss with them this issue to see if we can snug up the fit to prevent this from happening on future units. But, like I said, the Diamond Claw will also help immensely to keep it from vibrating on the snout.

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
They offer billet hubs for other models so i was going to go that route on my own dime with out their help later, but it's not a priority.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Atleast you have yours. Mine blew off doing about 60 to 80mph. Tried for about 4 days to find it.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Atleast you have yours. Mine blew off doing about 60 to 80mph. Tried for about 4 days to find it.

Mannnnn WTH y'all doinnnn?! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Mannnnn WTH y'all doinnnn?! Lol
Bolt walked out. Not sure how or why. But it's was definitely more then tight enough when I put it on

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just trying to get an idea, but with a super damper and the balance shaft removal, what would be a safe rev limit in your opinion (stock valves/springs)? And why does it seem that everyone's is falling off?

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Bolt walked out. Not sure how or why. But it's was definitely more then tight enough when I put it on

My bolt did as well on one of the dampener but it didn't come off, not sure why I was inclined to check though.

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Just trying to get an idea, but with a super damper and the balance shaft removal, what would be a safe rev limit in your opinion (stock valves/springs)? And why does it seem that everyone's is falling off?
What ever the limit of the valve springs are really, max I would do on stock valve springs are 6800.

It's a PITA to properly torque the bolt, at least in my experience but I only had one bolt leave me under multiple crank pulley removals.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What ever the limit of the valve springs are really, max I would do on stock valve springs are 6800.

It's a PITA to properly torque the bolt, at least in my experience but I only had one bolt leave me under multiple crank pulley removals.
A pain, but oh so important.
Red loc-tite, torque to 36lb/ft, then have someone put it in 1st gear and stand on the brake pedal. Scribe your 60deg marks and I always overshoot the 60deg just slightly.
Also a tough part about the ATI damper is lining up the keyway properly since it needs to be pressed on. Needs to line up perfectly before you start pressing it.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Depends on oil pump and crankshaft as well as valve springs. Stock cams/springs I'd stay under 7500. Probably 7200.
Aftermarket valve springs, factory oil pump/4cw crank I'd stick to 7800 on the high end. 7500 would be 'safe'
Valve springs, billet oil pump, 8cw crank send it to 8k if you'd like.
I HIGHLY recommend using GTI-R main bearings with a grooved main saddle and V1R rod bearings for 8k and up. Oil supply to the rods is critical. I've been running it up to 8500 without issue.

Reactions: orangebeard
1 - 20 of 52 Posts