A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I didnt know the damper was giving issues. I do remember now when Cricki saw the bolt coming out. You would think the way it presses on and a correct torque spec there would be no issues. Think Ill use blue loctite and a new bolt

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
I put my purse down and got creative when I put the new bolt in, no thread locker for me and every once in a while I check.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
pssshhhhh, slap some aluminum rods in the biatch and send it to the moon. XD
Oh I plan to.... lol
2023 goal is an aluminum rod motor, 9k RPM, 40psi, and 8's ;)

Reactions: orangebeard

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Good luck man I hope you make a killing. Think I paid $900+ for that. The earlier runs were $1200

Reactions: L8YBUG

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Good luck man I hope you make a killing. Think I paid $900+ for that. The earlier runs were $1200
Slowly but surely getting more affordable. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a few extra hubs for stock so that guys can repair the damaged ones that they currently have or will have down the road

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It seems like these are commonly damaged. What exactly gets damaged?
The crank snout is extremely short on the QR, in combination with the ATI being a press-fit it's critical that the keyway is properly lined up before pressing the damper on.
Additionally, due to the short snout, it's critical that it is fully seated and torqued properly.
I released the Diamond Claw Crank Locks to help mitigate any movement that the damper might have due to such a small amount of engagement on the snout

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I recognized the diamond claw right away. Alot of the new fords use that to lock crank and balancer sprockets.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I recognized the diamond claw right away. Alot of the new fords use that to lock crank and balancer sprockets.
Interesting I didn't know that. Which models specifically??

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
The base model ford focus in particular and every car that uses that motor. 2.0 I think. The timing covers leak and its a big deal to replace that. Ive never actually done the job tho Ive written it up a few times and read the procedure.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
But 4real if I wasn’t already so far with boost I’d be going hard on NA with everything available now. As for the k24 and qr25 the k head flows soooo much better then our head. So much more meat to take off. Plus the lowest street cam for a K is bigger then the RZ cams 4 us lol

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Bump... Last week to get in on this! Group Buy closes Friday!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Peter, did you already meet the minimum requirement to go through with the group but at the $750 price? Or was there not a minimum?
The 750 price was the high end for this group buy and that's what's needed to "buy in"
Currently there are enough buyers to bring the price down to $725 and will get lower with each additional buyer.
Rebates will be sent out after the group buy closes

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Only 10 more buyers and that price could be down to $675/ea
LET'S GO!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts