A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The switch that shuts off the alarm on my 2008 SE R Spec V is broken. How do I just disable the alarm, I don't care of there is an alarm or not, I just want it to shut off. Any suggestions?

·
6,603 Posts
The switch on the fob? Which switch are you talking about? You could probably bypass that switch by shorting it or something depending on how it's wired.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The switch on the fob? Which switch are you talking about? You could probably bypass that switch by shorting it or something depending on how it's wired.
It is the toggle switch to the far left just above the hood release handle under the dash. I cut the wires and tried to reconnect it to bypass but that didn't work.

·
6,603 Posts
That sounds like an aftermarket unit. I've never heard of a toggle switch for an alarm except for actual hood or door jamb switch. Got a picture?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take a photo and post it.
No need for a photo, it was an after market switch. Finally got the alarm to go off, I installed a new switch and locked the door then hit the key fob, worked like a charm. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts