A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i have a 02 sentra spec v ser and my ecm went to shit the car has been sitting in the garage for a few months now but im currently looking on ebay for a replacement ecm which i found with the identical part number my question is do i have to take to a dealer or mechanic for reprogramming or is it plug n play.
The ecm i found is used obviously and the car part dealer guarantees is coming from a working car

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have you figured out what killed the ecm? No sense in putting another one in if it is going to get damaged. Check for shorts and such in the harness before you plug anything in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you figured out what killed the ecm? No sense in putting another one in if it is going to get damaged. Check for shorts and such in the harness before you plug anything in.
Ok will do and i did not find anything wrong idk what caused the ecm to stop working i took it into nissan for the recall and the start just never seem to work properly again everytime as i start the car up while the car was warm it will struggle to turnover

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Just go through the loom to make sure there arent any nicks, frays or any bare metal. It goes into the firewall and plugs in behind the glove box. Inspect it before plugging in the new ecu. Also check the loom that goes to the engine harness. The spark plug connectors are usually a source of pulled wires. If you have any exposed wiring, you may need to have them redone. Just do it before plugging in the replacement ECU.

Also if it;s the same ECU numbers then it should plug and play no problem.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ok will do and i did not find anything wrong idk what caused the ecm to stop working i took it into nissan for the recall and the start just never seem to work properly again everytime as i start the car up while the car was warm it will struggle to turnover
So if the problem happens when the car is warm, does it start ok when cold ?
Also, what recall did Nissan do ? Maybe that might give us some clues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if the problem happens when the car is warm, does it start ok when cold ?
Also, what recall did Nissan do ? Maybe that might give us some clues.
Yea the car starts ok during a cold start and nissan did a recall on honestly i forgot I believe it did have something to do with the ecm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts