A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
32K views 66 replies 32 participants last post by  rob5625 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
today i was putting a differential in a rogue...i realized that it was a qr25 motor too. so im guessing that if someone had the time and money we could convert our b15 to awd. im hoping this the cheapest way.

all u need is
the rouge ecu so that u can have the differential work? correct?
rogue tranny ( i dont know if they come in 6 speed but i do know they have a manual)
custom driveshaft
rogue axle possibly ( i measure them to see if it the same with as the b15u )
some welding and fab work

might be missing some items but ppl can fill in or shine in

#10 ·
Re: awd conversion?

Theres already someone who did a b13 awd. Thing is pretty sick.
There is also a NX2000.

I haven't seen much about the B13 other then the rear wheels throwing up some smoke and them saying "anything's possible" however the NX2000 is heavily documented on the sr20 forums. ALOT of fabrication as well as well over a year of work went into it though

#57 ·
I had a look at an x-trail from canada last weekend, and the freaking engine bay looks identical to the b15's as far as how the QR is laid out. The gearbox looks about the same size and mounting points looks the same as well
yea this would be the only way u could do it
i looked into it, me and my buddy from tampa r probably gonna do it here in a couple years

#18 ·
More X-trail info:

The first-generation X-Trail uses the Nissan FF-S platform, shared with the Nissan Almera and the Nissan Primera. The X-Trail was sold in Canada for the 2005 and 2006 model years, and in Mexico since 2003.

FF-S Platform:

* Nissan Almera N16
* Nissan Bluebird Sylphy G10
* Nissan Primera P12[3]
* Nissan Sunny/Nissan Sentra B15
* Nissan Almera Tino
* Nissan Wingroad/Nissan AD Van Y11
* Nissan X-Trail T30
* Renault Samsung SM3/Nissan Almera Classic

#28 ·
Also keep in mind they made an awd B15 Sunny/Sentra in Japan. I've already spoke to an importer about a rear half cut. A rear half cut interests the importers because the rear is usually thrown out and considered worthless. Its been about a year since I spoke with the guy but I believe he said it was a QR20DE, AWD, and 5 speed. My goal was to swap in the AWD system as well as a vq40de.

#29 ·
After further research....

I do believe you would need the transmission from the xtrail. They do make a 4wd sunny/sentra but only with the QG15DE. The xtrail did in fact use the qr engine so mate that with the rear sub assembly of the sunny and you've got a healthy start. Both cars are 4wd so no attessa awd system electronics to mess with. Also as others have stated top end suffers. Hope that helps...

#31 ·
none of you will ever go through with this. ever. it has been brought up many times, nobody has ever done anything.

go find videos of the awd b13 if you want to see someone who HAS done this.

dreaming is fine, but y'all are hallucinating beyond reason.

the amount of money that would be spent would be better put towards a wrx, sti, evo, etc. something without a failbody, with failwheeldrive, failengine, and failaftermarket.

#32 ·
none of you will ever go through with this. ever. it has been brought up many times, nobody has ever done anything.

go find videos of the awd b13 if you want to see someone who HAS done this.

dreaming is fine, but y'all are hallucinating beyond reason.

the amount of money that would be spent would be better put towards a wrx, sti, evo, etc. something without a failbody, with failwheeldrive, failengine, and failaftermarket.

why do you gotta hate and be so harsh! lmfao its a sick idea anyone can go out and just buy an evo or an sti, but how many people have you seen with an awd sentra? no one

#36 ·
if you were rich, you wouldn't be dealing with sentras in the first place.

this is a pipe dream

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.