A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 sentra. The B15 1.8L. QG18DE

Is it possible to swap that motor with the SR20DE or QR25DE that come in the other versions?

Also, this is my first ever post on this forum. I'm a guy that works on his own car for the money saved and the personal fulfillment of hard work. I love my sentra and want to keep it forever, even with a newer bigger engine.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I've had a Sentra for 15 years. The best advice I could give anyone is choose another platform that is supported. Parts are pricey and are getting harder to find

If you still want to mess with a Sentra, go buy one with a QR. You'll spend less money then trying to do a swap.

And to answer your other post...there is a few people left on this forum, but its nothing like it once was. The good thing is most questions have already been asked, so the search button is your friend

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good day to you all readers and best,

Yes those 2.0 and 2.5 cars are tough to find them even tougher in non-modified condition, not dogged out, too not RUSTED out...

Go to YouTube check this video out love those 1.8L

But check with JWT and see what options they offer for the 1.8L B15U but heck it’s not always about going fast Brother you can still Kit it up make bass low ride too!

Also a guy on here and posted some YouTube videos he swapped out a QG18DEat swapped in a QR25DE and did the read beam disc conversion also. Heft project

1 - 6 of 6 Posts