A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have information on the B15 B16 plenum swap for 200 horsepower? I have a mini stock and I'm allowed to swap out any Nissan manufactured Parts onto this car to make Power. Everything has to be stock from Nissan. Help please I need that extra 25 HP I've already did the Jim Wolf's balancer removal kit. I'm not allowed to run the solenoid it has to be in pluged. I have a lock solenoid that make the car suck tons of air anyone have information on injectors. I'm running 17 secound laps trying to bust these neons but.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this a mith or can I take the b15 spec-v and do some swapping with the b16 intak and lower end. Anyone know about the Japan version ecu? Is it better then American ecu.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
I'm normally not a grammar nazi but wtf....

The manifold adapter needs to be worked to fit the 1st gen head and you have 3 choices of manifold from the 2nd gen motors, rogue, altima and sentra.

No one uses an ecu from Japan and if they are the ain't telling.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Crickikaze, can you pull some of the 2j threads out of hiding? Some of his stuff is the reason I was trying to get 2j section out. There was a ton of trial and error and just good general information.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Bug me about it, I get home late today and I don't like doing it in my phone for various reasons.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The manifold adapter needs to be worked to fit the 1st gen head and you have 3 choices of manifold from the 2nd gen motors, rogue, altima and sentra.

Crickikaze, can you pull some of the 2j threads out of hiding? Some of his stuff is the reason I was trying to get 2j section out. There was a ton of trial and error and just good general information.
Do you know anything about the Transmissions? Is there a final gear or a 3rd gear I can get to get the car to higher RPMs? Runs off the corner at 2200 RPMs to 4600 RPMs before I have to lift. 3rd gear needs a little more RPM

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
You wont make 200whp without high compression.

Reactions: Tritton

·
6,829 Posts
Gdamn....that was hard to read. Punctuation goes a long way.

Anyway, did you say you "locked" the solenoid? Are you talking about the secondary butterflies in the stock intake manifold? If so, you just lost a lot of tq down low. You can put the 2nd gen (plastic) manifold and you will get a bit more tq and power. The Altima and Rogue makes tq in the midrange but the B16 SE-R ones make them up a bit more higher. The metal adapter like Cricki said needs to be modified. Just get one of those metal adapters, put a stock b15 intake mani gasket on the flange and you'll see what we mean. Just machine that and bolt it up.

As far as gearing goes, if you want to keep it in gear longer, you'd want to swap the final drive set. Main Shaft and Final Gear FWD VQ/QR 6spd F51 Nisformance can get you the set. Or you can always find an 02-06 maxima to get them but most out there will not have the HLSD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gdamn....that was hard to read. Punctuation goes a long way.

Anyway, did you say you "locked" the solenoid? Are you talking about the secondary butterflies in the stock intake manifold? If so, you just lost a lot of tq down low. You can put the 2nd gen (plastic) manifold and you will get a bit more tq and power. The Altima and Rogue makes tq in the midrange but the B16 SE-R ones make them up a bit more higher. The metal adapter like Cricki said needs to be modified. Just get one of those metal adapters, put a stock b15 intake mani gasket on the flange and you'll see what we mean. Just machine that and bolt it up.

As far as gearing goes, if you want to keep it in gear longer, you'd want to swap the final drive set. Main Shaft and Final Gear FWD VQ/QR 6spd F51 Nisformance can get you the set. Or you can always find an 02-06 maxima to get them but most out there will not have the HLSD.
I have to have it unplugged

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tec shed..nows nothing about this engine.
The CVTC variable timing on the intake cam and the VIAS secondaries are 2 different things. Do they know that? Do you?
I just leave the car unplugged. There isn't much differents in power at the lower rpm. Will the plenum swap give me more power. Sounds like I need a different final drive.. I know nothing about the VIAS secondaries I'm guessing that's the flapper valves you would lock tighten the screws.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My head hurts.

You won't make 200 horsepower with the stock compression, no matter what you put on for bolt on parts, unless of course you go FI/Nitrous. If 200 is your goal, slap a 25 shot on it, get a good tune, and your good to go. Trying to get "good" power from these NA is just as expensive as just putting a turbo on it and making WAY more power. IDK what you are trying to use this car for, but that is just my $.02.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My head hurts.

You won't make 200 horsepower with the stock compression, no matter what you put on for bolt on parts, unless of course you go FI/Nitrous. If 200 is your goal, slap a 25 shot on it, get a good tune, and your good to go. Trying to get "good" power from these NA is just as expensive as just putting a turbo on it and making WAY more power. IDK what you are trying to use this car for, but that is just my $.02.
Min stock race car. Oval track. Has to be stock motor. There some places I can cheat. Injectors, Trans, Solenoid, just looking for that little bit extra . I mean I'm one of the fastest cars on the track. Everyone else has cheated built Motors. But they get cough. My motor is stock and runs them down just looking for a little more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Min stock race car. Oval track. Has to be stock motor. There some places I can cheat. Injectors, Trans, Solenoid, just looking for that little bit extra . I mean I'm one of the fastest cars on the track. Everyone else has cheated built Motors. But they get cough. My motor is stock and runs them down just looking for a little more.
Thanks for responding..

·
6,829 Posts
Tec shed..nows nothing about this engine.

I just leave the car unplugged. There isn't much differents in power at the lower rpm. Will the plenum swap give me more power. Sounds like I need a different final drive.. I know nothing about the VIAS secondaries I'm guessing that's the flapper valves you would lock tighten the screws.
So you can’t show them a catalog or even the factory service manual about the cvtc and vias to show they are stock? Yea the vias is the flapper system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts