A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently got my hands on my first B15. While working on the car I thought the previous owners put Nismo decals everywhere but I’m starting to think it’s actually the Nismo edition.
Is this car rare to find?
If it is the Nismo what comes with it?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
There were no official Nismo factory b15. However, Nismo, a performance subsidiary of Nissan, released several parts, that many dealerships and individual owners could upgrade to Nismo S-Tune or R-Tune b15 variants. Nothing official, tho.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
S-Tune b15 was mostly exterior, suspension, catback exhaust and wheels
R- tune: Header, Cams, RSB, intake.

Mind posting pictures of what's done to the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a Nismo shift knob, floor mats and decals on the dash w/Nismo. The paint is shot but I can still see the old checker racing stripe down the sides

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I see Nismo wheels (a very sought after part), Nismo intake, and possibly header ( can't tell since it's wrapped).

Pretty close to complete Nismo bolt-ons. Just need the Nismo catback(weldina).

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Based on the extra holes for the studs, shape of flange, and runners it looks like a Nismo header. Very good part as well.

The stripes, shift knob, and mats are also genuine parts.

This was mine when I first installed it years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed it doesn’t have the pre cat that are typically on these cars. Not sure if the headers are stock since the muffler and suspension have been changed. So if I wanted to know if the r tune or s tune was purchased. I wonder if the Nissan dealership could check by the vin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang those look better than mine for sure. I have a exhaust leak on the j pipe to the header. I’m not sure If there is a exhaust gasket there

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's probably not either R Tune or S tune. The trunk had the badges that said rtune/stune. It does look to have genuine parts though. The Rtune header has a cat or (precat) IIRC.. this doesn't have that, so it leaves it open to Stune. Though alot of people went out of their way to add on these parts and they were readily available as options from the dealer or sold on the side, so the Vin wouldn't really say any of that, since it was an add on. I say keep it, shine it up, look for some sentra nismo stickers online and put em back on. I personally love the stripes to checker fade out. Any plans for the car?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Also, authentic nismo headers have a serial number etched into the metal. You'd have to take em off to find em. There are a ton of "unofficial" nismo headers out there made by the company that was contracted to make the originals. Still good stuff, just not "official"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don’t have a solid plan just yet what I am going to do. I got the car for $1500 w/70k miles but it needs some TLC. So first I have to fix all the broken interior and repair the electrical issues and the famous front wheel bearing issues. Lol. Just browsing online it looks like the aftermarket parts are very few to none. As you can tell the paint is gone but I can see the original checker fade decal and I would like to get new ones. I saw they go for 150 online

·
Super Moderator
5,309 Posts
..... oh geez... some info mix up in here, not going to cover it while on the phone though.

·
6,594 Posts
Few things, OP like zeno mentioned. There was never a "Nismo" b15 sentra. Just a bunch of Nismo parts slapped on by the dealer. Judging from the maf sensor and lack of the AF sensor, it's either an 04 or 05 with an 02/03 front end swap.

It's probably not either R Tune or S tune. The trunk had the badges that said rtune/stune. It does look to have genuine parts though. The Rtune header has a cat or (precat) IIRC.. this doesn't have that, so it leaves it open to Stune. Though alot of people went out of their way to add on these parts and they were readily available as options from the dealer or sold on the side, so the Vin wouldn't really say any of that, since it was an add on. I say keep it, shine it up, look for some sentra nismo stickers online and put em back on. I personally love the stripes to checker fade out. Any plans for the car?
The trunk rtune/stune decals are just that, decals. They sold them as accessories. The header that Nismo sold were BOTH under the R-tune group. This meant either the catted one or not was under the R-Tune. R-Tune meant that any engine replacement parts (intake, header and cams) can't pass California emissions. S-tune's ONLY engine related replacement part was the cat back. Suspension parts were also placed in either S or R tune. The S tune included wheels, front sway bar and springs/struts. The S Tune also included the front/rear lips and spoiler. The R Tune parts included LCA and harder rear bushings and the rear sway bar.

Also, authentic nismo headers have a serial number etched into the metal. You'd have to take em off to find em. There are a ton of "unofficial" nismo headers out there made by the company that was contracted to make the originals. Still good stuff, just not "official"
The first few batches came out with a die cut badge that just says nismo and the later versions and reps have the etched logo with serial/part #.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So from what I just figured out I do believe I have a r-tune... So basically it is rare to find a real from nismo car.(all my Vin/product numbers match on my car bumper to bumper all original I am second owner).

·
6,594 Posts
Aaand you can take that vin to the dealer and they will tell you it’s a regular Spec V.

No true factory Nismo car came out for the sentra until the b17 body. You can believe what you want and think that it’s rare and all but again there were no factory Nismo b15. The parts installed in your car are rare though so there’s that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts