A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V. It seems I am constantly working on this car although I do love it. Just put a "new" transmission in it but the problem had persisted before this. Sometimes it drives fine then other times it will almost refuse to go(Not limp mode). Its like it either act like it isnt getting enough gas and sorta just cut power/cough for a sec then kick back in... repeat until I press in the clutch and lets the engine fall to idle. The other symptom is that it will act like I am not actually giving it throttle input. I have replace all four ignition coils and spark plugs. It currently throws P0605: Internal Control Module Rom Malfunction Confirmed, P2135 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation, P0122 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input, P0223 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor B Circuit High Input, P1122 ETC Function/Circuit, and whatever the code for Multiple Cylinder Misfire is. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
P0605 is limp mode. Data rom error read only memory. The thing that's points to the ecu to me is you have pedal codes and tb codes. If you had a bad tb or wiring issue with the tb it wouldnt throw a pedal code. And vise versa if you have a problem with the pedal or wiring with the pedal you wouldn't have a tb code. Seems the ecu is having trouble controlling this circut. The two are only connected by the ecu...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So assume it is my ecu and I need to buy a new one. I am not sure if my keys have chips in them and I am not sure if it has a factory security system. I do think it has a factory security system.... A little while ago the car sorta locked me out of actually starting the car. The key feels fine turns all the way to start the car but nothing happened. If I left the key in and used a screw driver to touch both of the starter terminals the car starts and runs just fine. Being the cheap broke guy I am I just wired a switch to the starter motor bypassing whatever locked me out. I still have this problem till this day and I am not sure which computer to by and if I will have to have it reprogrammed to match my key. Can I just reflash my current ecu? Thanks

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Sounds like you have a host of issues with this car. To answer your question about what ecu you need, if your car has nats (Nissan anti theft system) then you need a nats ecu and it has to be programed at the dealer. If its non nats then you can simply switch out ecu with one of the same number ecu.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
If it has NATS a mobile Locksmith can also come program it.

I maybe would try a new throttle pedal first if you can get one real cheap at a junkyard or something. If you do that. Don't forget that you need to do the pedal relearn.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Another suggestion would be to take a serious look at your wiring. You can down load a copy of the fsm from this site. It will be your friend! The ETC code still throws me off a little if it was just the pedal??

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Is the pedal not connected to the throttle control circuit actuator in any way....? That totally could be. Guess I'd have to see the diagram and it's hard for me to read a diagram sometimes. FSM would for sure give the answer

I would also for sure suggest checking all the wires and connectors.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Is the pedal not connected to the throttle control circuit actuator in any way....? That totally could be. Guess I'd have to see the diagram and it's hard for me to read a diagram sometimes. FSM would for sure give the answer

I would also for sure suggest checking all the wires and connectors.
It's just a strange series of codes to have if it was just a pedal problem. I can say however I had an issue with one of my 04s, although it's not the same issue but it was a bad ground. I can't remember the codes off the top of my head. It was fuel level and fuel temp codes. Come to find out they both shared the same ground inside the fuel pump canister. The fuel temp code put the car in limp mode. I'm not sure if this entire circuit shares ground but mite be something to look into. (Wiring)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts