A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the front 2 coilovers on, and installed my rear struts, but i can’t get the coil springs out. I got new springs and perches in the coilover kit that i got so i’m all set to put them in i just can’t seem to get the rear beam low enough to actually remove the spring. Even tried spring compressors and it actually just lifted the beam up with it, like it’s stuck. Any ideas? I’m not in the mood to drop the whole rear beam Lol.

·
Registered
04 spec v
54 Posts
Sounds different than the b15 so I'll go with this. Take the rear struts back off then take out your springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did all of this when i replaced the rear struts with the adjustable ones. The spring perch on the bottom almost looks like a bowl. Spring sits kinda far in so it’s hard to just pull out

·
Registered
04 spec v
54 Posts
Looks like that new perch is the lower control arm from a picture I just looked at.
If you unbolt the lower bolt in the shock that arm should swing down far enough to pull that spring, but if your changing that it's got to come off anyway. If your nervous put your spring compressor back on and pull the lower control/perch.that was an altima I was looking at...you got any pictures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Final
Looks like that new perch is the lower control arm from a picture I just looked at.
If you unbolt the lower bolt in the shock that arm should swing down far enough to pull that spring, but if your changing that it's got to come off anyway. If your nervous put your spring compressor back on and pull the lower control/perch.that was an altima I was looking at...you got any pictures?
Finally got it out, the spring perches were super worn out it seems so i had to remove both rear struts and then push down pretty hard to get the spring to separate from the control arm. Fitment is nice and tight too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts