A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf has a 2008 spec V and she loves it, it's her first car, and she wants to keep it as long as she can, and put some money on it.

Not a great platform but the car is fun to drive so why not.

Today I found a 2007 Spec V QR25DE, for $400CAD @ 99k miles. Guy says he bought it for almost the price for his nephew's car but when he bought it his nephew had decided to send his car to the junk yard.

How much is a QR25DE worth? I haven't seen a lot and most part out cars around here are going for WAY too much, had one guy charging me over $1000 for 2 front seats, tail and head lights and catback, from a VGA.

What about swapping it out? This would be my first engine swap and there's no rush. Honestly toying and learning the car (changing parts and repairing it) has been my GF and I's hobby.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guy says he bought it for almost double the price*

- Couldn't find the edit button -_-'

·
Registered
260 Posts
07-08 are the same engine. So it would just drop right in. Its a big ass job. If you have never done an engine swap before, it will take you a few days, a lot of cursing, and a lot of trips to the parts store to buy tools and parts.

Watch lots of youtube videos on how to do it (anything but Eric the car guy, hes a dipshit tbh), SEARCH the forums for people that have done it and read their process. Best help is the factory service manual, it step by step tells you how to do it. You can find that here: https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Top right has three dots. That's edit button.

You can do it. It's fairly straightforward. Especially on this car. Like FRE said, fsm is boss. YouTube has good stuff. I think the price is okay. The crank alone is money on the qr SpecV of that year.

If you think it's too much, a little ghetto shop could do it for 500. Obviously the better the shop the more you'll pay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean I bought a second vehicle to be able to to work on the Sentra so fuck it I'll take the time to do it myself lol.

I'm sure it'll be a hassle, I've been working to get the exhaust manifold and exhaust off, and I can't get a fucking thing to fit on the sensors and they're all still good so I don't want to cut/break them lol. The special socket is too fat to fit in between the sensor and the heat shield so I might use a lather on the socket.

Anyway, I'm pretty patient and careful so I'm sure I could do it. Was just wondering if there's anything special I should watch for but considering it's literally the same engine, should be all good!

·
Registered
260 Posts
LOTS and LOTS of MAP gas will be your best friend, especially in your neck of the woods. If you know how to use it, oxy-acetylene will make it even easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts