A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've decided to not give up on my sentra and I am going to put a new engine as my cat broke up and got sucked in. Current Status : I am burning oil but it turns on fine and runs. I live in Miami so i need help getting a brand new engine or should I say a used one. I have a 2002 Nissan sentra SE-R which i believe is a B15 and has a QR25 motor. How much will it run? and how much will it cost to install? Where is the best place to get one? craigslist? ebay? junkyard? please help.

yours truly,
eatmydust.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok so I've decided to not give up on my sentra and I am going to put a new engine as my cat broke up and got sucked in. Current Status : I am burning oil but it turns on fine and runs. I live in Miami so i need help getting a brand new engine or should I say a used one. I have a 2002 Nissan sentra SE-R which i believe is a B15 and has a QR25 motor. How much will it run? and how much will it cost to install? Where is the best place to get one? craigslist? ebay? junkyard? please help.

yours truly,
eatmydust.
I just bought a QR25DE for mine in Miami about a week ago. Depending on the junkyard you go to it could cost you anywhere from $400-$800. I perfer the junkyard because most of them come with a 30 day start up warranty. I installed mine myself so I couldnt really tell you how much it would cost to install.

·
Registered
344 Posts

yours truly,
eatmydust.
i thought u sold it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
how much was urs tho? and how many miles did u get it with? and no i didnt sell t.
Mine was weird. First I bought a 2007 Altima engine that was in a fire for $450, but then I realized it wouldnt fit so I took it back and traded it for a 2004 SpecV engine with 80,000 miles. I had to put an extra $50 down though so it cost me $500. And I had to rebuild it though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wdf? rebuild it? how much was it to rebuild? smh this is too complicated i might just sell it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
wdf? rebuild it? how much was it to rebuild? smh this is too complicated i might just sell it.
We rebuilt it ourself. We got a bad engine for $500 and rebuilt it ourself. A running engine that you wouldnt have to rebuild would probably cost around $800.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much would it cost to make my auto a manual? cant i just get a spec v engine and put it in my ser?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
400-800 for a engine is cheap everyone wants like 2k for the engines where i live. My engine blew to the rod bearing gave out on it which sucks because I just bought it 2 months ago and I am still paying on it. if you want a cheap reman engine go to 123engines.com they are in cali so you might have to pay shipping but the new engine is only $1350 new you just have to give them your core

1 - 12 of 12 Posts