A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ima start bringing the Civic to the meet instead. i'm having alot of bad luck before and after meets. Ok, After the meet I was driving back on the Belt parkway and out of no were I heard a explosion, then i smelt burn rubber. My front passenger tire just Blew off of my rim. When that happen i was driving like at 70mph, I had to swerve into the grass part of the parkway so no cars wouldnt crash into me. I had to wait over 2hrs till my pops came with the spare tire. I didnt have it in the trunk for racing purposes but from now on i will have the spare tire in the trunk. It's only like 20-25lbs anyways.

I will take pics of the damage tomorrow afternoon. The good news is my rim didnt get messed up.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the damage of the tire exploding on me going 70mph on the parkway. Now i have to buy 2 tires to even the other side out.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Damn man, i feel so bad. Definetly bad luck.

Maybe those little races we had in the parking lot really took a toll on your tires. What tires are those anyways?

·
The Wheel Ninja
2,113 Posts
those look like either fuzion zri's or falken 512's...

sucks...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
How much pressure were you running?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the Max was 44psi and i had in 37psi. What i think happend was, when i was doing a few launch races at the meet, my tires got warmed up and the psi's went up. And then on the way home, i was doing 70mph and i guess the psi keeped up going up since the tires were getting warmer. so i think the heating of the tires cause the pressure to go up and pop my tire. next time i'm just gonna keep my psi's at 30. I learn something new everytime, but in the hard way.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
At least you or nobody else was hurt. Didn't I tell you not to raise your tire pressure?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah forget that i could take pain if something happens to me but it hurts more when something happends to my car lol, it wasnt that high it was at 37 and the Max is 44. I should of left at 30-33, i dont know, shit happens

EDIT: i just went outside and i check my pressure on all tires. My Front's are set to 30psi and my rear are set to 35psi. So i still dont know what cause this.

F

·
0 Posts
nightrider45 said:
My Front's are set to 30psi and my rear are set to 35psi. So i still dont know what cause this.
uhm..why are you putting more air in the back instead of the front??

the manual says 33 psi in front, 30 in the back IIRC [these are COLD pressure btw, when the car has been sitting for a few hours].

Too little pressure/too much pressure+rough roads= possible cause for your blow out.

Atleast it was only a tire and not a whole accident.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i figured, if i want more weight to the front to gain more grip, i'll just up the pressure in the rear to have some weight go to the front. And I believe that the manual is for the stock tires, when you buy aftermarket tires, each tire has it's own preference and Max capability

F

·
0 Posts
The only preference the aftermarket tire has that might be different is max psi, the actual air you put in should still be whats recommended from factory.

·
Registered
856 Posts
less tire pressure in the front gives u more traction because when u launch u have more surface area contact to the asphalt...dont worry about the sag u see in the tire....it balloons once the car is launched

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
wow, sucks bro, sorry to see that, could have been also the burn outs and drifts could have weekend the side walls... btw i almost got hit by some bitcc leaveing woodhaven, she cut across all three lanes ot get into the turn lane ont he left while i was in the left lane ,and cut me off, i lightly tapped my brake and the freakin car skid like in a 45 degree angle to the left, almost losing control, then let off brake, and regained control to the right, BARELY missing the bitch, but i could swear i didnt hear any screetching from my tires, its like it just lifted and moved sideways...
not not a good night for anyone, luckily it was just us, and no one else... imma bring my max out now, especially to woodhaven, that cross bay blvd sucks... its soo dangerous, and the lights arent even timed right...

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn.. that sucks. if you had suspension you wouldnt hop around like that, your handleing would be alot better. You see how important it is.

I think i found the problem with my tire, it's like you said nooch the walls were weak. Thats the same tire that was on the rim that cracked when i got into the accident. I reused the same tire cuz by eye the tire looked ok but i guess it wasnt.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
nightrider45 said:
damn.. that sucks. if you had suspension you wouldnt hop around like that, your handleing would be alot better. You see how important it is.

I think i found the problem with my tire, it's like you said nooch the walls were weak. Thats the same tire that was on the rim that cracked when i got into the accident. I reused the same tire cuz by eye the tire looked ok but i guess it wasnt.
Just good that your OK, tires can always be replaced.

Just out of curiousity the tires that blew on you, arent they rated pretty good? Cause I was thinking of getting the same tire for my car.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea they are rated pretty good, They are good tires but it's just that its been abused. When i first bought them they were very sticky for a very long time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts