A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Font Auto part
Font Material property Rectangle Paper Pattern

Will get WPC'd and a head will be sourced for them to live in.

Reactions: Tritton

·
One of One???
1,763 Posts
Make sure you have a shop install these. I had two break. On install. BC stopped making the stage three at the time and only had one replacement, and weren't making any more. The shop ended up installing my s1s and gave me the full refund price of 900 in labor. Thats when I went turbo.

·
Administrator
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had 5523 do my last head that is sitting in storage right now for the RZ cams, I'll be making a thread on that later when I go to swap the beehive springs with ones that got cyro'd and wpc'd and send those off to get treated.

·
Administrator
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I have to wonder what I should do as BC has springs and retainers for sale on their site again....but in all reality the JWT springs can handle the lower lift/duration of the BC cams compared to the RZ's but I only wonder due to having full matching head components...

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Make sure you have a shop install these. I had two break. On install. BC stopped making the stage three at the time and only had one replacement, and weren't making any more. The shop ended up installing my s1s and gave me the full refund price of 900 in labor. Thats when I went turbo.
Ive read this so many times and I just dont see how this happens. Is it the high lift and a strong spring putting too much stress back on the cam?

·
Administrator
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, install error foremost as I snapped a cam during install once, learned my lesson...never again.

I think I'm going to "compare" them to the RZ cams.
Joe was telling me a shop has to do some work to the head and valves IIRC, as I said previously I'll have another head built later for these cams unless something drastic happens.

Reactions: Tritton
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.