A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been mobbin San Diego with a catless exhaust on my daily driver, for about 2 years now and although 70% of the time I still like the sound, I'm starting to get sick of it. I have a stillen header with a greddy ti-c catback, which has a 2.25" vibrant ultra quiet resonator welded to it. I was t

)thinking of getting a vibrant high flow metallic core catalytic converter welded near where the stock one was. How drastic would this change the sound? I want it quieter but I don't want it to be pussy quiet. Will it lower the tone at all? Should I add another small resonator instead?

Looking for some suggestions

Ready and Go

·
Registered
153 Posts
it's all on your catback exhaust system, i have magnaflow and running straight through, i don't hear a rasp in my exhaust. i just need to get rid of the DC Sports header, it's an ok header just where the flew pipe is, there's a hole in the exhaust due to it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
cat will make it quieter and better sounding, no rasp
+ 1...and your OP looks like your confused about your sexuality LMFAO!!!

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
+1 on quieter and better sounding

It won't be pussy sounding, but it will be significantly quieter, but I doubt as quiet as you think and/or fear. My cat quieted my car a lot. But my car is still damn loud by most people's standards. Any normal person wouldn't tolerate how loud my car is. It'll still be plenty loud for any enthusiast that likes to actually hear the car. Just less obnoxious.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
cat sounded better and was significantly quieter
[i have to say this, the turbo quieted it best, no joke]

i can't call this quiet
but it was much less volume than before

you can hear it coming
3" side exhaust with cat
on a dc header

inside the car, but 2jr race header

turbo made it sound like a pussycat
same exhaust

inside car

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
only if you had a QG i gutted my car and put a 2.5 lnch side exit with cherry bomb. with a cat and a 2.25 lnch side exit would help out. have no way of know till some trys it.

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
only if you had a QG i gutted my car and put a 2.5 lnch side exit with cherry bomb. with a cat and a 2.25 lnch side exit would help out. have no way of know till some trys it.
:thinking: you alright man? Harder to understand than usual.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
yeah i'm exhausted from work and class

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
In my personal experience, the vibrant cat will quiet your exhaust note //a little\\, but will significantly reduce rasp. I had one on my 2.5" midpipe before I went race header.

Overall, I am very happy with any vibrant products I've purchased. I am currently running one of their resonators and mufflers and my exhaust just sounds plain mean, but not too loud considering I have 3" exhaust and a gutted cat.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The title definantly sounds questionable. We can take you to a gay bar, give you a few drinks and see what happens. Im not here to judge, just making you happy.

:troll:

You could just get a catted midpipe from 2J. Think they are around $200ish Black friday

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The title definitely sounds questionable. We can take you to a gay bar, give you a few drinks and see what hapens. Im not here to judge...You could just get a catted midpipe from 2J. Think they are around $200ish Black friday
:lmao: This!! that's all I was saying, you just worded your thread funny, nobody's judging...back on subject a cat is your best bet to quiet the rasp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts