A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best header and exhaust to get for 2000 Sentra GXE with QG18DE?, and by best I mean, what is going to give me the most horsepower. I was/am looking for a HotShot header since I heard that they were the best ones to get, but found out the company went under. I'm trying to find the HotShot header, but if I can't, what is the second best? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
What is the best header and exhaust to get for 2000 Sentra GXE with QG18DE?, and by best I mean, what is going to give me the most horsepower. I was/am looking for a HotShot header since I heard that they were the best ones to get, but found out the company went under. I'm trying to find the HotShot header, but if I can't, what is the second best? Thanks!
there is not best for us...only customize...
exhaust will be HKS and stromung.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I would just need the header...recommend any specific brand shogun?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
look for a header that is 4-1 NOT 4-2-1 like u pictured.

4-1 makes better power and is quieter than 4-2-1.

For exhaust 2.25" should be good. nothing bigger.

EDIT: Never mind, looked on eBay and all headers there are 4-2-1 so go with that LOL id get the cheapest priced one, they all seem to be made by the same supplier.

and for exhaust go with a Magnaflow 5"x8"x18" Body looks good and not ricey and sound good. and custom piping @ a local shop

or use VRS piping n have a local shop weld it up (best choice) http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/NISSAN_TK/nissan_tk.html

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
They are still the ebay header, and after 2 years you will have to replace your flex pipe...
These happened to a lot of us so i would say maybe ebay is your best opition here..or obx i guess..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The OBX header comes with all the gaskets though, and the xtune one doesn't. Also, how many O2 sensors are there OEM? Because the xtune one says that "item only have 2 O2 sensor" Also, it's $50 dollars just for shipping on the xtune, but I just want a good quality brand and whichever one will provide me with the most horsepower. Also, how much better is it going to be if I can find a 4-1? compared to a 4-2-1?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
on a 1.8 i doubt you will feel the difference between 4-1 and 4-2-1

Just buy the CHEAPEST one overall you can find. and they all include all gaskets even tho it doesnt list it

OR ask the seller just to be sure.
4 O2 sensors?? wow thats gay!! my spec has 2 one before cat one after ;-)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it worth it to buy the wraps for the header? I heard that when it keeps it hotter which in turn, allows more air flow going out the exhaust. Also, does anyone have any experience with the ebay headers? Will they be the same quality the OBX ones will be, or as good as the HotShot Performance ones were?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts