A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hey guys if you ever looking for header let me know, i know a vendor can help you out.
If you need parts pm me so I can help you out.

thanks,
Steven

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey guys if you ever looking for header let me know, i know a vendor can help you out.
If you need parts pm me so I can help you out.

thanks,
Steven
...I am looking for a header, who is the vendor? and are they going to be a lot better quality than these ebay headers I've been looking at? I am looking to order the header by tonight/tomorrow night. Thanks

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just get the obx header, theres a ton of specV owners with them as well... its a decent header, not the best but better than most ebay headers(even tho there all from china)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Is it worth it to buy the wraps for the header? I heard that when it keeps it hotter which in turn, allows more air flow going out the exhaust. Also, does anyone have any experience with the ebay headers? Will they be the same quality the OBX ones will be, or as good as the HotShot Performance ones were?
The wraps are not worth it (here in AZ as i see ur in they are ok and help keep underhood temps down a bit) Hotter air IN the header does NOT increase flow.

eBay headers will not be as good as HotShot WAS but they are good nonetheless.
JUST BUY IT ALREADY!!

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
The wraps are not worth it (here in AZ as i see ur in they are ok and help keep underhood temps down a bit) Hotter air IN the deader does NOT increase flow.

eBay headers will not be as good as HotShot WAS but they are good nonetheless.
JUST BUY IT ALREADY!!
This is wrong. As exhaust gas cools and condenses, velocity drops, decreasing scavenging and resulting in less power.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm deciding which header to get. The guys at 2-J Racing said that they could make me a custom header, but it would be like $500-600 dollars :/ How much extra horsepower would I get out of a custom header? Is it worth the money right now?, or should I just wait until I upgrade cams and other things to make a bigger difference and then go the custom route?

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
I'm deciding which header to get. The guys at 2-J Racing said that they could make me a custom header, but it would be like $500-600 dollars :/ How much extra horsepower would I get out of a custom header? Is it worth the money right now?, or should I just wait until I upgrade cams and other things to make a bigger difference and then go the custom route?
in the end youre still gonna go custom might as well do it while you can get it done. no one is gonna know exactly how much power youre gonna get cause its gonna be custom.

·
39,045 Posts
in the end youre still gonna go custom might as well do it while you can get it done. no one is gonna know exactly how much power youre gonna get cause its gonna be custom.
That and the fact that every engine is different.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well, that is a LOT of money. I still wanted to get an exhaust as well. I may just go with the OBX for now, and sell that later on if I go the custom route.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
in other words youre just gonna waste money now. if you plan on getting it down the road, just wait and do it the first time around.
Not neccessarily, I mean if the OBX header produces the same amount of HP as a customer header would, than I am not going to need to purchase another header later on. I just want the most HP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Damn, you need to read what u said 2 posts above, I can only go by what you say. I'm done now.
Sorry, I'm really indecisive sometimes lol I decided not to spend the $500-600 dollars going the custom route, when I can just go ahead and buy a header for $100-200 dollars and may have like 2-3hp less, but I'm okay with that. I can always just put that extra money into the exhaust and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Decided against it. Even boosted, it would be only 200 something horsepower, and I figure, if I go all out and replace pistons and cams etc. I would be able to achieve 200hp. Plus, I like the fact that no one has really done it before. Yes, it's going to be a pain in the ass to find parts, but overall, I'd be raising the redline and be rebuilding the engine, giving me in return a car that not only performs better, but lasts longer. Seeing as this car is my DD, I don't want to boost it, and a few weeks later have the motor crap out on me.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts