A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
My understanding is that the xtune header will have 2 O2 sensor location which is ok for 04-06 models but if your 00-03 then you will need to weld the 2 extra sensors. Correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
940 Posts
My understanding is that the xtune header will have 2 O2 sensor location which is ok for 04-06 models but if your 00-03 then you will need to weld the 2 extra sensors. Correct me if Im wrong.
actually it has 3 for 04-06 i got one. there for youd need to close up one of them with a bung plug. i dont like the idea of welding the bung shut cause you never know when you might need the third one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
actually it has 3 for 04-06 i got one. there for youd need to close up one of them with a bung plug. i dont like the idea of welding the bung shut cause you never know when you might need the third one.
Thanks for the info. I have to make a exhaust setup since the header alone will give a nasty sound.

Found out that I can get a "normal" sound if I just get the right setup, not looking in the bee can crap.

I'll be looking for a 2.25" setup based on what I've read on this thread.
Results for Car Exhaust:00-06 Nissan Sentra

So my question: (I'm not too familiar so don't flame), the bigger your resonator, the quieter your setup will be, correct?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same header but only the top O2 sensors connected.. so if i want my car to run right and not pig rich.. i got to weld two bungs for the precat sensors on the lower pipe?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'll probably have to get them custom made unless JWT makes them for my vehicle. I'll have to look into it after I've done all my bolt-on stuff, including new pulleys.

Be sure to post where you find all your stuff since its hard to find QG stuff :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too would like to know more on the header situation with the 00-03 models. I have 4 O2 sensors on mine and wanted to get an ebay header...Will the other two sensors on the mid pipe make a difference if they are present or not? Is it ok to run just the two primary ones on the header?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too would like to know more on the header situation with the 00-03 models. I have 4 O2 sensors on mine and wanted to get an ebay header...Will the other two sensors on the mid pipe make a difference if they are present or not? Is it ok to run just the two primary ones on the header?
I would also like to know this..

I have an 02 GXE - recently put intake on - now doing header and down pipe(rest of exhaust is coming).. the header i have has 3xbung - 2x for 02Sensor and i think the other is for my EGR... Also looking to rebuild motor, so if anyone has found a good spot for parts let me know.

·
Registered
403 Posts
There aren't a lot of parts for the qg. There are some Chinese headers out there, and you can use spec catback, just have an exhaust shop trim up any slack you might have. You'll need a custom turbo kit, a few guys have them, but you'd be at about the 200ho mark. Those block unfortunately like tossing rods out the side when you beat on them.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts