A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done big turbo v2 MR16DDT Jukes, but never a Sentra and never with retaining the EGR, so when this customer said it had to pass MA inspection I was ready for the challenge. I have 2 Engine Builds and Three Big Turbo projects going, so this whole job was done in 4 days. (I'm hiring btw lol)

Fitting the downpipe around all the EGR stuff was the easy, I just made a jig using the cars OEM turbo and downpipe, and kept test fitting with every step. Having made a TON of v2 downpipes for the OEM turbo, I had a pretty good idea of what would fit while maximizing flow.

The hardest part BY FAR, was the intake side of things. I wanted to retain the customers CF intake he had purchased a few weeks ago. So I knew i was limited to fitting the EGR parts to the 4-6 inches before the turbo. I ended up replacing the OEM large EGR tube with the tube from a v1 diverter valve. It was the same tube, diameter, and only 2" too long. Otherwise it fit perfect, with a trim.

I am tuning a Juke Friday morning, and if we have time, this car will go on the dyno. Customer wants over 300 wheel, BUT, I tune using a VERY low reading mustang. So the goal is ~252 peak horsepower, which with a 16% conversion to a dynojet number is at 300. I get that number from putting a few cars on this dyno, then putting them on a local dynojet, each car consistently made 16% more power on the dynojet. People love numbers....

Anyway, the car has a stock engine, so I am hesitant to go over 300 horsepower/290 ft lbs, as reliability tanks after that point, but the customer has mentioned wanting the most powerful b17, so we may just TOUCH 320 whp and leave that tune on a separate MAP. The turbo will easily do that number.

I will have videos of it running uploaded on YT tonight-ish. Its already done several driving miles with no issue, and about an hours of idle time.

Parts List;
Clutchmasters stg 3.5 clutch/flywheel
FastReligion 16G Turbo Kit
Turbosmart VeePort Blow Off Valve
FastReligion FMIC
FastReligion Engine Mount Insert
Powerflex Upper and Lower Torque Mount Inserts
FastReligion 6 Speed Trans Mount
FastReligion SCD
Nameless Performance Cat-Back
FastReligion Carbon Fiber Intake
Bc Coilovers

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
This is how the qr should have sat in the engine bay…exhaust in back intake in front..perfect for a custom center feed mani and hood exit lol…

but on the real that is some killer work you have done here..power goals?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is how the qr should have sat in the engine bay…exhaust in back intake in front..perfect for a custom center feed mani and hood exit lol…

but on the real that is some killer work you have done here..power goals?
Its in the first post, but 300 is the safe limit for these, I will have a 320 tune on it so the customer can claim most powerful b17 sentra. A customer of mine in canada just did ~307 on a slightly larger turbo without the egr.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock motor then
yea, again in the OP XD. I am waiting on a v2 engine to get here in the next week or so to pull apart and get pistons and rods made for them. Currently no one makes them for the v2 engine. They have a different rod and piston that the first gen

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
yea, again in the OP XD. I am waiting on a v2 engine to get here in the next week or so to pull apart and get pistons and rods made for them. Currently no one makes them for the v2 engine. They have a different rod and piston that the first gen
reading wasn’t my best subject in school 🙄

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it not possible to cap the egr and leave the sensor plugged in to fool the ecu?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
No. There is a flow sensor built into all of it. Also the EGR valve itself have a readout so it knows how open it is. If its out, its out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts