A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it appears that after a very very VERY bad day, I made the mistake of leaving my sunroof cracked. As the saying goes, it only rains when you leave your windows down or you've just washed your car. So, upon realizing at 330 in the morning that it was downpouring, I ran outside and shut my roof. Only to find that the bezel around my climate controls were soaked. Thankfully the lights still work and I can hear the blend doors still moving but what isn't working anymore is my blower motor. So I've watched a few videos and researched here and I have to admit, this looks to be a nightmare. But, one thing I'm curious about is whether you all believe I should try replacing the relay for it as the fuses check good, or go through what appears to be a nightmare and replace the blower motor.

Side note, the blower motor could simply be stuck because a week before that, I somehow had a mouse disappear into my dash and I've never seen it again, but I have heard what sounds like rattling around in there. Really starting to lean towards just pulling the motor out to see if it's fried. Anyone have a how to or know what to search for to get one for replacement as it appears there's a lot of varying responses out there for how to replace the blower fan motor.

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Best I can tell you is download that section of the fsm, I went back there once to only remove the ac component(condenser or evaporate...I don't remember what it is).

If there is a little guest living back there then the possiblity of a nest may be the issue of ther motor not moving or it chewed through the wires.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Pull the cabin filter and the blower motor is only 3 or 4 bolts under the pass dash. Its right there.

Really you should check to see if power is being sent to it from the climate control unit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best I can tell you is download that section of the fsm, I went back there once to only remove the ac component(condenser or evaporate...I don't remember what it is).

If there is a little guest living back there then the possiblity of a nest may be the issue of ther motor not moving or it chewed through the wires.
Crick...I'm pretty sure at this point now there's only 3 things in life that are guaranteed. Death, taxes and you responding and knowing what to do or having a good idea of what's wrong. Seriously, you're like a ninja from the Sentra clan. It was rough when I realized my AC didn't work. Here in Kentucky we had our first week of 75-80 degrees and I was going on a date and found out the hard way. And it sucks because my trucks AC stopped working because the blend door snapped off the rotating PIN.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I pulled the glovebox to clean the blower motor out and sure enough there were a dozen walnuts packed in the plenum. Got everything bolted and plugged back in but now my airbag light is on for the passenger side. I strongly suspect that this gray plug goes somewhere but I can't figure out for the life of me where because it's too short to go to the center stack and seems too long to belong somewhere close to it.

·
6,683 Posts
Take a picture of the colors of the wire so we can figure out what that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,683 Posts
The only thing I could see in that area that has 2 wires is the intake temp sensor for the hvac unit. Like I said, take a clearer picture of the actual connector and how the pins are laid out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, sorry for the late response! I ended up figuring out that I could reset the light and it never came on again. I believe the blower motor is just shot because of the walnuts and acorns being stuffed in there from squirrels. The same thing happened to my truck and I just haven't gotten the spirit to tear my dash apart to get to it (my trucks blower motor is under the glove box and has 5 screws holding it in). I'm likely going to do it before I go to Import Alliance in July because well...it's a black interior and it's Atlanta but I have been able to determine that was the problem. I'm buying a parts Sentra since I've cross referenced a lot of stuff and found that the Specs share a lot of parts across the line lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts