A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am racing a 04 spec v at out local dirt track. First race got second with stock computer on the rev limiter. Second race borrowed a 2J flashed from a friend and was 2nd on lap 12 when I blew an Ignition coil 15 amp fuse. We looked for a loose wire and could not find a bad ground or short. My new 2J flashed computer came and installed and reprogrammed pedal and throttle. the car ran great on the trailer but when I went out for hot laps as soon as I punched it it blew the fuse. I watched a couple of videos and will be grounding and rewiring this weekend. If it doesn't work them ordering a new wiring harness. Question #1 has any one else had ground or short issues?
#2 will a 2004-6 SER auto harness work with spec v 6 speed? The autos are everywhere and the manuals are expensive. I was also told I can only use 2004-2006 manual spec v cluster. Mine is broke. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,590 Posts
I did a ground wire set up straight from the coils to the battery, pulled it off as i wanted to make another once but you can try that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a ground wire set up straight from the coils to the battery, pulled it off as i wanted to make another once but you can try that.
Thanks. we have ran about 6 new grounds and its still blowing fuse under load on the track. Buying a spare car for parts with a complete wiring harness. Starting with the engine harness going to replace till I find my short.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts