A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 1.8 Sentra ran hot now has a cracked block or head my biggest question is does the motor from an automatic bolt up to 5 speed car? Second my car is drive by wire and the automatic that I have access to is cable throttle, is it possible to use that motor without too much conversion

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Yes.
No clue, it's it from an sr?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Marlyn You'd have to do a 2000-01 1.8 conversion. Those are the only years the 1.8 came with a cable throttle, everything after is drive by wire. Sounds like a pain in the ass unless you have all the components.

Throttle body, pedal, cable, and ECU.... which is extremely different from the 2003 you're running since its the older style. If you can find the donor car and do some research via the Factory Service Manuals (found here https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals)... sounds do able but unless you've got something special going on.. like i said, sounds like a pain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seen one of the motors I was looking at had cable but if it was only for 00-01 then I should be fine because I think I have access to an 04 I didn't really look at it yet but thank you for the info my main concern now is all the donors I have access to are automatic hopefully I don't have any issues there thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts