A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we only did 1st through 2nd and hit traffic...but this video shows exactly how awesome removing rotational weight from the engine is.

I was actually kind of shocked...he has intake/exhaust and his stock turbo maxed. He claimed to be 300whp....i laughed at him...no way hes making that. Ive ridden in it, it pulls hard in 3rd and 4th...he would probably take me by a few car lengths up to 100. But 10-50, were neck and neck :D And also hes a scrawny little kid with a carbon fiber hood and fiber glass fenders, im a 6' 3" 265lb man in a spec with the spare taken out lol.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
10-50 FTMFL... I'm not tryin to bash man but lets be real, you're in your power gears. Turbo cars don't really open up til 3rd gear at least and a lot more in 4th gear. He probly wasnt even able to really tap boost in that race. I agree SRT-4's aren't that fast but that was such a bogus "race" its not even funny

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LOL i warned that it was a 1st - 2nd pull. Go cry in another thread about the shortness.

At least theres a video....most threads in this section are big fish tales and grainy ass cell phone videos at night.

I posted a legit video of a 1st and 2nd gear pull.

And YES he would take me by a few car lengths up to 100...i know this because he sat side by side with the LT1 trans am that beats me by a few car lengths up to 100.

I posted it really to show the benefits of lightening rotational mass. 1st and 2nd gear are the ones most affected...3rd gear and out you gain less and less hp from reducing rotational mass.

Either way, a "300whp" srt4 should have shit on my spec through 1st and 2nd....+1 for reducing 24lbs of rotational mass

·
Registered
356 Posts
except by the time he hit boost there was a truck 20ft in front of him...

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Either way, a "300whp" srt4 should have shit on my spec through 1st and 2nd....+1 for reducing 24lbs of rotational mass
Then you obviously havent ridden in a turbo spec... first and second are indeed faster THAN THEY WERE BEFORE... but the lower gears are borderline useless. They get you rolling but thats about it, once you hit 3rd then you start pullin lengths. The dude saw boost for like 2 seconds if that. It's not even a fair analysis

i'm not trying to be a dbag im just bein real about it. i dont even waste my corn on things like this. if someone wants to go where there's actually room to gallop then lets do the damn thang.

but props on having a vid at least. i'll give ya that much

·
Registered
169 Posts
Heh. Need more space and less traffic. Dangerous.

The last person to be cool and dangerous was maverick. And that's precisely why iceman didn't like him.

Lol. Seriously tho I'd love to see ya'll go at it on some country roads, test those suspensions too.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

The last person to be cool and dangerous was maverick. And that's precisely why iceman didn't like him.

Lol. Seriously tho I'd love to see ya'll go at it on some country roads, test those suspensions too.
spec suspension > srt-4 suspension. no questions asked. the neon is one giant body roll haha i used to own a neon sxt, which is the same exact suspension set-up as the srt-4. it. sucked.

·
Registered
569 Posts

:laughing:......

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Then you obviously havent ridden in a turbo spec... first and second are indeed faster THAN THEY WERE BEFORE... but the lower gears are borderline useless. They get you rolling but thats about it, once you hit 3rd then you start pullin lengths. The dude saw boost for like 2 seconds if that. It's not even a fair analysis

i'm not trying to be a dbag im just bein real about it. i dont even waste my corn on things like this. if someone wants to go where there's actually room to gallop then lets do the damn thang.

but props on having a vid at least. i'll give ya that much
1st and 2nd gear are useless in a boosted spec because of traction issues...did you hear him smoking his tires? No.

Yes he will beat me 0-100. I know that. He probably makes 60-80 more whp than me. But he probably weighs 300-400 more lbs.

To say he never hit full boost is incorrect. He was WOT in 1st and 2nd gear, he doesnt have a electronic boost controller which means he was in full boost...its not gear dependent.

ANYWAY, shit was cash. Rotation Mass Reduction FTW!

EDIT: What the fuck is with people and "zomg didnt hit boost". Ever owned a F/I car? My 92 DSM hit full boost at 3k rpm in 1st gear....since when did boost become gear dependent with a manual boost controller?!?!?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
1st and 2nd gear are useless in a boosted spec because of traction issues...did you hear him smoking his tires? No.

Yes he will beat me 0-100. I know that. He probably makes 60-80 more whp than me. But he probably weighs 300-400 more lbs.

To say he never hit full boost is incorrect. He was WOT in 1st and 2nd gear, he doesnt have a electronic boost controller which means he was in full boost...its not gear dependent.

ANYWAY, shit was cash. Rotation Mass Reduction FTW!

EDIT: What the fuck is with people and "zomg didnt hit boost". Ever owned a F/I car? My 92 DSM hit full boost at 3k rpm in 1st gear....since when did boost become gear dependent with a manual boost controller?!?!?
Props on the vid, but we all know that srt didn't hit full boost, full boost doesn't kick in on stock srts til bout 4500rpms, his td04 was prolly just starting to spool into full boost, plus traffic was there, regardless u do admit he beats u so its all good, take it else where and have a lil fun, I raced both my brothers srts and kept up til their second gear full boost kicked in, then got my ass handed to me. Again props on the vid

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Props on the vid, but we all know that srt didn't hit full boost, full boost doesn't kick in on stock srts til bout 4500rpms, his td04 was prolly just starting to spool into full boost, plus traffic was there, regardless u do admit he beats u so its all good, take it else where and have a lil fun, I raced both my brothers srts and kept up til their second gear full boost kicked in, then got my ass handed to me. Again props on the vid

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Thanks for an intelligent response. Once hes in 3rd it gets nasty...Im considering getting a spray setup for those post 1st-2nd gear races lol :D

He went through 2 gears... im sure it saw boost...i sure heard it...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From watching the video again, you sure he wasn't just trying to get in front of you, since you probably held up traffic with nobody in front of you?

Oh, and he jumped ahead of you before he shut it down too, pretty nasty jump on you too.
....your funny. We were talking BEFORE the run... hence me saying "he claims 300whp". And if you watch, he jumped me....

People bitch on this forum no matter what you do...

I post a video of a 1st through 2nd gear pull, ADMIT he would take me by 3 or so car lengths in the quarter, CLEARLY STATE i am not claiming a win and just wanted to show what reducing rotational mass can do.....and this is what i get. People talking shit.

Watch any video of a i/h/e spec racing a srt4.....its saddening through 1st and 2nd. But with 24lbs of rotational mass removed 1st and 2nd gear are brought to life.

But its all good. Elitist douches will hate no matter what you do.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
....your funny. We were talking BEFORE the run... hence me saying "he claims 300whp". And if you watch, he jumped me....

People bitch on this forum no matter what you do...

I post a video of a 1st through 2nd gear pull, ADMIT he would take me by 3 or so car lengths in the quarter, CLEARLY STATE i am not claiming a win and just wanted to show what reducing rotational mass can do.....and this is what i get. People talking shit.

Watch any video of a i/h/e spec racing a srt4.....its saddening through 1st and 2nd. But with 24lbs of rotational mass removed 1st and 2nd gear are brought to life.

But its all good. Elitist douches will hate no matter what you do.
Actually I'm saying right at the end of that 3 second race, he was about to take off and pulled a good foot on you but shut if down.

I don't know the math on that, but how does a foot win in a 20' race equate to in 1320'?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Actually I'm saying right at the end of that 3 second race, he was about to take off and pulled a good foot on you but shut if down.

I don't know the math on that, but how does a foot win in a 20' race equate to in 1320'?
I dont know, depends on what RPM he was at, my rpm, when shifts occur, power bands, lots of shit.

Tell you what, how about you go leave and figure that out and get back to me.

EDIT: And it was a 4 second race. Thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts