A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Damn that's what I want but white with some 18x10s :D
They are so nice and rare too! Nissan only made a limited number of these (especially hard to find unmolested and original 5speed). If you were to get your hands on one, I'd keep it stock and get a cheap S13 and mod that one to be a track/drift car with a kouki daily driver :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Unless its a drift car, you wont find many S14 cars running road courses with great success. It will take twice as much money to make an S14 road course worthy v a SE-R.

And I guarante the SE-R will be faster, cheaper to maintain and easier to drive.

BTW, great pick up!
Just curious... what is it about 240sx's that makes them sub-optimal for the road course? I was planning on an rb swapped s13 for a track car in the future...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Just curious... what is it about 240sx's that makes them sub-optimal for the road course? I was planning on an rb swapped s13 for a track car in the future...
Honestly, I think they would make beastly track cars, it would just take a more skilled driver, as RWD cars tend to be a bit unpredictable and difficult to correct for the average driver/racer. Other than that, I think a 240 would be a nice road racer. Definitely competitive if done right. I was originally gonna make this one into a drift car in the distant future, but I have decided to keep the Kouki as an all original daily driver. They only made like 1000 of these in 98 and around 2000 in 97, so they are extremely rare (especially in 5-speed). I might get am S13 shell in the future a d build a drift car.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Well as some of you know, the the car was stolen about a year ago and I am currently in the process of restoring it back to factory spec. Here is the pic after it was recovered

Slowly but surely the front end parts started rolling in:

Slowly but surely collecting the parts to convert back to 5-lug

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Awesome. Keep it in that garage from now on!

Reactions: respecv1

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
You're lucky that you got all of that back and not just a fender and a lug nut.....

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Nice work man.
So just curious, how many alarms and kill switches does it have?

I'm not even joking, if you think that finding a clean unmolested one was hard 3 - 4 years ago, it's almost impossible now, especially a Kouki.

Nissan for LIFE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
^Thanks! It has a good alarm system and kill switch and is kept in the garage 99% of the week. Only comes out on sunny days for a little bit.

You are right, S14s and especially S14as are getting incredibly rare in good condition. They are usually all drifted to shit or riced out because #DK

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.