A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've had this problem for a while and have replaced multiple sensors etc to try and fix the problem to no avail...

I have an '03 Spec, with Nismo cat-less headers, performance downpipe (no-name stainless steel), full Nismo cat-back exhaust, and Cold-air-intake. When I did the headers, I added a spacer for the 'post cat' o2 sensor (because it is high flow. Also both sensors are located on the header). I have replaced both o2 sensors, throttle body/tps sensor, all 4 ignition coils & spark plugs, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, and have cleaned all parts possible without decommissioning the engine.

Also I'm reading no codes (ses light off). I just tried a full ecu reset/ pedal release position relearn/throttle position closed learn/Idle air volume learn as posted by Sash (idling rpms 1500-2000 - B15U.com - Nissan Sentra Forum) Thanks for that btw Sash. However, it did not help my problem.

The only 2 things I have not replaced yet that I think could be causing/contributing to the problem are the MAF sensor and the ECU... for cost reasons I don't want to replace these if they are not needing to be replaced.

If anyone has any ideas please share.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yeah it sounds like you might have a vacuum leak. It might be worth cleaning your MAF sensor too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
MAF sensors in our cars are junk, try cleaning it. if that doesnt work buy a new one.
Could always check for vacuum leaks first to be sure. just spray soapy water on the lines and look for bubbles. if you see any, thats your leak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vaccum Lines

Does anyone have a vaccum line chart? I've looked at all lines I can guess to be vac lines, but want to make sure... or just if anyone knows how many tubes (#) I need to check...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eeeeeewwwww

I hope that's not the problem... I still haven't been able to get out to check vacuum lines, it snowed 3 weeks ago and has been raining since then... no garage = can't feel fingers...

·
Registered
123 Posts
damn, so i did all the relearn stuff and the idle is no longer bouncing. It is still sitting high at a 1000-1100rpm and SES is on. will see what codes its throwing and take it from there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me mine fluctuated between 1000rpm to 1700rpm...i shut my car of for exactly 1 min and started it and it was gone...but i threw a fresh SES code for P0507 - Idle speed control system. any one else get this kick in the nuts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts