A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I got a set of brembos on here a while back and only now really devoted the time and extra funds to get the project done. Well I was gonna clean them up and noticed that a couple of the pistons weren't all the way seated so I tried to push them down and no luck. seems they might be seized or something. Well after I pulled a couple of the boots off etc I noticed that it looked like someone had put a pair of channel locks on there and tried to pull them out but only ended up being a retard and scratching them to shit.

So my question is, where can I find some replacement pistons for these brembos? I usually like to buy my parts from rockauto etc but they don't seem to list anything other than "piston" so I'm not sure what is what. So how about some help here fellas! thanks!

Mitchell

·
6,837 Posts
Might want to talk to Pete @shortcut10. I found this part#41121-6Z900 (top set) and 41121-6Z901 (bottom set). If you could talk to your dealer, maybe they know what's in it. That's the cylinder piston part# I'm coming up with from the Nissan catalog.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might want to talk to Pete @shortcut10. I found this part#41121-6Z900 (top set) and 41121-6Z901 (bottom set). If you could talk to your dealer, maybe they know what's in it. That's the cylinder piston part# I'm coming up with from the Nissan catalog.
Seems that part number is on the single piston diagram

secimg.301.0374.png

and also for the pistons on the Brembo one as well

secimg.300.0386.png

They couldn't just make it easy could they lol. I know the sizes are different so it can't be the correct for both lol.

Who is this Pete?

·
6,837 Posts
Seems that part number is on the single piston diagram

and also for the pistons on the Brembo one as well

They couldn't just make it easy could they lol. I know the sizes are different so it can't be the correct for both lol.

Who is this Pete?
Pete is the contact for Executive Nissan parts. (shortcut10).

Anyway, Nissan does that, but if you look at the part#'s they'll be different. The single piston caliper's piston part# is 41121-5B600. Notice the first part of the part numbers are the same. That's because they are in the same section and are practically the same thing (caliper pistons), however the 2nd half of the part# is different because, well they're for different applications.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I didnt know you could get pistons seperatly. And im sorry you got swindelled for a siezed and unusable pair of calipers.

Still, good luck with the project.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt know you could get pistons seperatly. And im sorry you got swindelled for a siezed and unusable pair of calipers.

Still, good luck with the project.
Yeah it really did kind of suck. But hopefully I can get some pistons for it

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stoptech makes the 44mm piston
You sure it isn't 42mm? The stoptech is calling for a 42mm for the front brembo's with item number 146.42023

I see the G20 site called for the 44mm but idk... are all brembo calipers the same?

·
Registered
930 Posts
No they are not all the same, if its on the g20 site im pretty sure they were referring to b15 sentra brembos since its a common swap

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the rock auto part number for the actual caliper lines up with the one from Stoptech and the one on rock auto is also a centric which is stoptech lol. It's calling for a 42mm one. Though I can't seem to pull up just the 42mm pistons though via the part number.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I was actually doing a good bit of researching about this because I bought some Brembos as well that needed pistons. I came to find out that apparently Stoptech calipers use the same pistons as Brembo calipers on any car. That's what led me to this website:

http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_213_239

The B15 Brembos require four 42mm pistons and four 38mm pistons.

http://centriccatalog.com/Inquiry/AppResult.aspx?id=WEB_CALPIS&v=LD&y=2006&m=67&mm=899

The only thing I have yet to figure out is if you use the Stoptech Tall (32mm) pistons or the Short (29.5mm) pistons. Maybe you could measure for us? :)

But the pistons run 25$ each on their website. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was actually doing a good bit of researching about this because I bought some Brembos as well that needed pistons. I came to find out that apparently Stoptech calipers use the same pistons as Brembo calipers on any car. That's what led me to this website:

http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_213_239

The B15 Brembos require 4 42mm pistons and 4 38mm pistons. The only thing I have yet to figure out is if you use the Stoptech Tall (32mm) pistons or the Short (29.5mm) pistons. Maybe you could measure for us? :)

But the pistons run 25$ each on their website. Hope this helps.
This is the conclusion I came to unfortunately. After checking rockauto's prices for the brembo calipers (14242134 and 14242133) and before core charges they are 138-142 a piece. The core is 150 but since I got two that's 3oo I'll get back. So in reality I'll be paying 280 dollars plus shipping for brand damn new with all parts replaced Calipers that are already repainted and have pads and hardware with them. So I just went on and ordered two. I'll be sending the swindled set of calipers back to them for the core charge. Plus at 138 a pop, I'd be stupid to buy 100 dollars worth of pistons, then the rebuild kit, then the parts then the pads etc etc. If I get a chance before I send them off If I can get one of the pistons out I'll measure it for you.

btw, props for your gif in the sig. It just made my day.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This is the conclusion I came to unfortunately. After checking rockauto's prices for the brembo calipers (14242134 and 14242133) and before core charges they are 138-142 a piece. The core is 150 but since I got two that's 3oo I'll get back. So in reality I'll be paying 280 dollars plus shipping for brand damn new with all parts replaced Calipers that are already repainted and have pads and hardware with them. So I just went on and ordered two. I'll be sending the swindled set of calipers back to them for the core charge. Plus at 138 a pop, I'd be stupid to buy 100 dollars worth of pistons, then the rebuild kit, then the parts then the pads etc etc. If I get a chance before I send them off If I can get one of the pistons out I'll measure it for you.

btw, props for your gif in the sig. It just made my day.
That's almost a steal ha. Yea man if you could measure that piston that would help me out greatly! haha and Thanks at the sig.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's almost a steal ha. Yea man if you could measure that piston that would help me out greatly! haha and Thanks at the sig.
I guess I also got to figure in the 2oo that guy screwed me out of though lol

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This should be stickied if we get the definitive answer on piston size and a source.
Oh sweet that would be cool, sticky material :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This should be stickied if we get the definitive answer on piston size and a source.
Well the piston diameters are definitely 38mm and 42mm. However my dumb self just remembered that I have a flexible tape measure. So I went and measured the depth of the cylinder.

It came out close to 1.25 inches which is about 31.75mm. So I guess the Stoptech Tall is what we want to use.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So it's measured from the inside? or are you just guesstimating about it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts