A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i brought an 06 sentra ser-spec-v 2.5 as my first car last month and she is amazing have no regrets buying the car but i had a question anyone running 18 x 9 or 18s at all if so please let me know what size tires you got and what did you do to make them fit? also if she rubs and is was it worth it?

·
Super Moderator
5,419 Posts
Ran 18s along time ago don't think I'll do it again, I went to what ever size tire kept me within OEM diameter with everything else being the same.

·
6,668 Posts
Somebody has run 18x9.5's before. I think Palma did but he ran a 215/40/18 iirc. Had to work the fenders quite a bit. Going that big of a setup will run into issues. Most of the guys stay around 17x8ish. Some have been running 17x9's with 255/40's but again, have to work on the fenders.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
125 Posts
Sentra wheel wells are small, IMO 17's are the best looking size rim on our cars. If you have rolled fenders and aren't slammed you could run 18's like Molten said.... I'm not a fan of 18's on specs tho but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
18'S are doable, just not worth the skinny tire tax. I also like heaving meaty brakes to take up the space in the wheel and 18's started more and more to look funky. Once I got into the 17's, I absolutely think any thickness is perfect on the spec. Obviously like me 17x9 +22 took alot of messaging fenders to look good and not mexiflush. Otherwise I'd stay in the 17x8 range

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ran 18s along time ago don't think I'll do it again, I went to what ever size tire kept me within OEM diameter with everything else being the same.
yeah thanks i reqlly wont to get some adogan wheels
hey is it really that bad i want to run some aodhan ds2707 there amazing rims but no one has 18s on there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody has run 18x9.5's before. I think Palma did but he ran a 215/40/18 iirc. Had to work the fenders quite a bit. Going that big of a setup will run into issues. Most of the guys stay around 17x8ish. Some have been running 17x9's with 255/40's but again, have to work on the fenders.
yeah thanks do you have palma @ to ask him what type of problem he ran into because the rims i want to get are aodhan wheels

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sentra wheel wells are small, IMO 17's are the best looking size rim on our cars. If you have rolled fenders and aren't slammed you could run 18's like Molten said.... I'm not a fan of 18's on specs tho but thats just me.
thanks seen some aodhan ds207 wheels and really want them but im seing if its really worth it to get them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
18'S are doable, just not worth the skinny tire tax. I also like heaving meaty brakes to take up the space in the wheel and 18's started more and more to look funky. Once I got into the 17's, I absolutely think any thickness is perfect on the spec. Obviously like me 17x9 +22 took alot of messaging fenders to look good and not mexiflush. Otherwise I'd stay in the 17x8 range
yeah i have some 17s as wheels but seen these aodhan wheels that i really like thanks kma think bout getting them or get some smaller ones but your car is good keep it up

·
Registered
(2) 2002 nissan spec v
8 Posts
I have 225/40/18 on my spec v
20200522_171328.jpg
, they don't rub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts