A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The eBay stuff can be extremely unreliable, especially with the headers. They tend not to last that long. And the eBay catback is going to give you a lot of rasp. Now having said that, I have to admit that I am running an el cheapo eBay catback and so far it has been ok. Yes there is rasp, but I've gotten over it since I know I'm going to switch to better exhaust soon anyway. I got the eBay catback as stop gap as my old had completely failed. And since the seller listing was screwed up on the sizing I ended up getting the 2 3/8 OD - 2 1/4 ID catback for almost no money.

What I would suggest though is scour Craigslist. I've seen good headers and catbacks listed. There is also a catback listed for sale on the forum too, so check that out and see if it meets your needs. Also check the open bar section on the forum I think there were a few links to some headers from Craigslist there.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Wanting to get some headers/catbacks on a budget. not looking for a Huge diference just looking for some difference. Wanting a little meaner, lower sound with a boost in HP response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ROLL-MUFF...d447005d:g:h0AAAOSwKtlWlcLq&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

This a good one to start on?

Thanks guys!
Just save a little money up. There's no need to buy that eBay catback. Especially since you'll probably end up replacing it. And it's not like you'll get much back selling an eBay catback used.

Buy decent stuff. At least the catback.

An eBay header I can understand because Literally Anything is better than keeping the stock manifold.

Reactions: Jon

·
39,082 Posts
Honestly, try this combination out. Ebay header with 2J's cat back system. The entire setup might be around $400 - $450 and should sound good too.

If it doesn't, you could swap out the header and add resonators until you get the sound you like, but that should give you a decent starting point.

Reactions: Jon

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I am.running a SRS eBay header attached to a Megan all the way back to a dual tip Megan. The header has 260k+- and still in great shape! Ya it's not the best but as mentioned above beats having a stock engine killer exhaust manifold and it has lasted alot of miles.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Haha he said headers

Reactions: DaveSpecB15

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I didn't know qr25's took more then 1

Reactions: Kazspec04

·
39,082 Posts
Wanting to get some headers/catbacks on a budget. not looking for a Huge diference just looking for some difference. Wanting a little meaner, lower sound with a boost in HP response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ROLL-MUFF...d447005d:g:h0AAAOSwKtlWlcLq&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

This a good one to start on?

Thanks guys!
Haha he said headers
I missed it!!!??!?!!!
@SoundEfx we just got caught slippin :ugh:
I didn't know qr25's took more then 1
We're all slipping because he wants catbackS too...:facepalm: lol

OP, we're jus having some fun....

Unless the OP is building a front AND rear engine B15. Then the facepalm is on us.....:ugh:

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Or maybe he just wants to collect parts
@zeno has at least 3 headers

:lmao:

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Or maybe he just wants to collect parts
@zeno has at least 3 headers

:lmao:
lol At one point I had:

2 Nismo headers
2 Hotshot headers Gen 1 and Gen 3
Stillen Header
Nismo axle-back
Megan axle-back

I only have one Nismo header left, which I currently have installed.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
LoL I didn't even know there were 3 genertions of Hotshot.

Far as I knew just 1. Learned something.

·
39,082 Posts
WTF Zeno... Do you have a B15 header fetish?

You know that just because a header has the word 'head' in it doesn't mean that you actually get 'head' right? lol......lol

Well, maybe it helps your exhaust give off a specific note that make chicks do give you.... OH SHYT, Zeno found the 'give head' note he as been searching for!!!! :lmao:
Pimp on pimp..... Pimp on...

Reactions: zeno

·
Registered
172 Posts
My advice is to avoid the EBay header. It is better than stock, but most of them will cause serious rasp over 3k rpm. I'm currently running one and it's starting to come apart (so I'm looking for a used NISMO one). My advice - looking back - is to buy a quality used one than a brand new, cheap one that you may have to replace every year.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
I don't regret the XS 4-1 I bought at all and I only used it 2 years. Still don't regret it. They're cheap. And hell there's other crappier ones on eBay for under $100. For under $100 who cares if you have to replace it to upgrade later or just replace it because it needs replacing. It's cheap as shit.

The main consideration is get rid of the precat.

If you can't afford something nice, then buy what you can afford. It's worth it. Just upgrade later.

If you can afford better, then by all means buy a quality header. No reason to cheap out unless you have no choice. I wasn't gonna wait around hunting a quality used header. So I bought the best quality POS Chinese header I could at the time. Held up fine for the 2 years I used it.

I was going to upgrade to the Medusa. But cancelled my Medusa to turbo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm looking to go to a header myself. I might try E-Bay just to see what they cost. If I just changed the header, should I go with a better muffler than stock too?
Also, has anyone replaced the resonator behind the engine with a straight pipe? Any better performance? Does it trigger the CE light?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
The header will trigger the check engine light, but there's a simple fix for that and it usually comes with the header.

I would leave the resonator. And I don't know if I would fool around with replacing the muffler either. Simpler to just buy a catback exhaust

1 - 20 of 20 Posts