A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here and knowing how much knowledge flows through this forum every second of every day I am looking for some good help.

I am looking to Turbocharge my 04 Spec-V, but am wondering if i should piece together my own turbo kit or just buy one :confused: I have been looking around and been researching the shit out of this for a long time and came across a T3/T4 Turbocharger kit with these specs for the Turbo and kit.

Help Please
Specifications:
* This turbo kit perfect upgrade your car and get more boost.Your car will gain 100-150HP if you set at 7-15PSI.Customers require upgrade the fuel pump,injector and ECU to tune the car if you set at higher PSI.This kit can max up to 350HP..

TURBO CHARGER:
* Brand new T3/T4 T04E .57AR turbo charger.Max up to 350HP.
* Inlet: 3.0 Inch. Outlet: 2.0 Inch.
* Turbine Flange: T3 Flange. Downpipe Flange: 2.5'' 5 Bolts Flange.
* Type of Bearing: Journal Bearings.
* Cooling Type: Oil Cooled Only.
* Oil Inlet: 1/8 NPT.
* Exhaust Trim: .57AR.Turbine Wheel Diameter: 54.06MM/65.20MM.
* Compressor Trim: .50AR.Compressor Wheel Diameter: 50.16MM/76.84MM.

CAST IRON TURBO MANIFOLD:
* Brand new NISSAN QR25 cast iron turbo manifold.Made of high quality cast iron.WE OFFER LIFE TIME WARRANTY!
* Direct bolt on design.Higher resistance to heat.Allows power steering and air conditioner.
* It is good for huge horsepower increase along with improved more air flow,gain 10-15HP.
* T3 turbo flange fits T3 or T3/T4 turbo chargers,and fits 35MM/38MM turbo wastegates.

2.5'' 5 BOLT DOWNPIPE FLANGE:
* Brand new 2.5'' 5 BOLT DOWNPIPE FLANGE.Made of high quality T304 stainless steel.
* Direct bolt on this turbo charger.You can use this flange to weld one pipe,and custom make the downpipe for this turbo kit.

UNIVERSAL 2.5'' PIPING KIT:
* Brand new universal 2.5'' polished aluminum piping kit. Made of high quality T6061 aluminum.
* THIS PIPING KIT IS UNIVERSAL,IT IS NOT BOLT ON TYPE.CUSTOMERS NEED TO CUT AND BENT THE INTERCOOLER PIPE TO FIT YOUR CAR.
* 2.5'' inlet diameter,increase more airflow.It come with hight quality 4PLY silicone couplers and strong and tighter t-bolt clamp.it can support up to 400HP.

27''X7''X2.5'' FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER:
* Brand new universal 27''x7''x2.5'' front mount intercooler. Made of high quality T6061 aluminum.
* Tube and fin design.High flow and light weight.Support up to 400HP and 35PSI.
* Compress air flow rate: 700cubic feet/min.
* Pressure drop: 0.2-0.5 at 15PSI, 2-5 at 35PSI.
* Full size: 27''x 7''x 2.5''.Inlet/Outlet: 2.5''
* Core size: 21''x 7''x 2.5''.

SSQV TURBO BLOW OFF VALVE BOV:
* Brand new SQV turbo blow off valve bov. Made of high quality CNC billet aluminum and andized finished.Including O-ring,hardware and flange.
* Our blow off valves is a dual stage pull-type relief valve. Unlike typical push type blow-off valves,will not leak under any level of boost.
* It is for maximum performance, incorporates both a small primary valve for ultra quick activation, and a larger secondary valve for additional discharge capacity. It is constructed of billet aluminum, which ensures long-term durability and a high luster look.

38MM TURBO WASTEGATE:
* Brand new universal 38mm wastegate,made of hight quality stainless steel hardware,mating weld flanges are 304L.
* Set at 7 PSI,comes with two extra 11PSI and 15PSI springs,fully adjustable.
* Only 4.35'' tall(good for customer working with tight engine compartment.
* Dual port.Accurate boost pressure,Ultra durable diagram.

38MM DUMP PIPE+ELBOW PIPE:
* Brand new universal 35mm/38mm wastegate turbo dump pipe+elbow,made of hight quality stainless steel. * Easy clearance in the engine bay,redirect the hot exhaust gas from the wastegate towards the bottom of the engine.Reducing temperature inside the engine bay.Make a very distinct and loud release of air.

OIL RETURN LINE:
* Brand new 10AN oil drain/return line kit,made of hight quality stainless steel braided line and T6061 aluminum fitting.
* Length: 17''. ID: 0.5''.
* Helps circulate oil from the turbo to the oil pan.

OIL FEED LINE:
* Brand new oil feed line,made of hight quality stainless steel braided line.Special designed inlet adapter limits oil flow,effectively prevent blown oil seal caused by excessive oil pressure.
* Length: 36''. ID: 3/8''.
* Comes with one 1/8 NPT male fitting and one 4AN male fitting.Has restriction build in,offers proper oil feeding to the turbo charger.

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:
* Brand new fuel pressure regulator. Made of high quality CNC machined aluminum.Includes hardwares and hoses for installing.
* Manage your fuel system requirements,increase fuel delivery by rasing pressure.
* Adjustable 0-140 PSI(0-10kg/cm²) for maximum fuel pump capacity.

TURBO BOOST CONTROLLER:
* Brand new turbo boost controller. Made of high quality CNC machined T6061 aluminum with anodized finish.Comes with hardwares for easy installing.
* Light weight design.Allow you to adjust PSI ratings(1-30PSI)without changing the wastegate springs as well as replacing the wastegate springs.

OIL CATCH TANK:
* Brand new oil catch tank. Made of high quality T6061 aluminum.Come with aluminum bracket,hose and stainless steel clamp to mount your new reserve tanks.
* Dimensions:6.25''x3.25''x3.25'';Hole inlet size:0.3'';Hold up to 750ML.

TURBO TIMER:
* Brand new pen style turbo timer.

2'' BOOST+AIR/FUEL+OIL PRESSURE+RPM GAUGE:

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
Ok so what do you need to know?

You haven't mentioned where you found this kit or how much it costs. What are your specific questions?

Buying a kit is more expensive, but you get pretty much everything you need and you slap it on in a weekend. Building a kit yourself can take months if you're looking for specific parts, you do save money, but you also need to know what you're looking for.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Bad. Kit Cost $989.99 from FASTWAYRACER. Is a T3/T4 Turbo a decent turbo? I am learning slowly about the specifics of a turbo and what makes a turbo good in the eyes of a street car / weekend track car. . .

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Bad. Kit Cost $989.99 from FASTWAYRACER. Is a T3/T4 Turbo a decent turbo? I am learning slowly about the specifics of a turbo and what makes a turbo good in the eyes of a street car / weekend track car. . .

T3/T4 is the size, many companies make that size. This is probably not a reliable brand turbo when your getting a whole kit for as much as a good brand turbo alone costs.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Let me save you some trouble:

That kit has universal intercooler piping, so you'll have to cut it to fit correctly, and there's still a chance that it won't fit very well.

That kit also doesn't include a downpipe. It has materials to have one built, but then you're talking more money, and time with your car at an exhaust shop getting your down pipe welded up. So your 1000$ kit just turned into a 12-1300$ kit for having the downipe welded together.

The turbo will fail. Mine lasted 20k miles and honestly, I'm very lucky, and maintain my car well. It's just a fact,
you may get 10k miles out of that turbo, you may make it around the block and it grenade on you.

You will need tuning software, or a piggyback fuel controller (SAFC/Neo), and you will also need injectors, so that's turning your 1300$ kit into a 1500-1800$ kit.

If you're that close to 2k, just save a little more and buy the Treadstone kit. You'll thank me and yourself in the long run.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
not to mention that if the turbo doesnt last youre looking at 500-900 for a decent one. so save yourself the headache and get decent parts the first time.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
ok! back to whats the best way to turbo a spec

thats my question too
and since i like the marines
how about an unfair break

since i know nothing here
except that the word turbo elicits great fear
from my family dear [and stealthy n20 doesn't it's clear lol]
but now as one project grows near
another seems to appear
while i've studied n2o for over a year
turbos are nothing but ignorance and fear
knowing i don't know
means i need to go slow
or it will likely cost more doe

so 1st was a book by corky bell
the name sounded swell
so "maxim boost" i did quell
and chewed it up well

i can send it to you in e-mail as well

or follow,
follow, along; many superb builds have transpired
as well as expired
the adventures of preston are well known
and sammys exploration is well shown

so read,
read with glee
many, are on this road with thee

lucky for me
justin is nearby, if not free
so a treadstone kit
[put together by justin originally]
i know will fit

if ignorance should bring bliss
it's professional installation and tuning that won't miss
but without your knowledgeable twist
even this turbo won't long exist
imo

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
MANNN!! WTF people.

I personally don't think this kit is for you because of how many mods have to be done to it to make it work. you should probably just get a kit thats premade and reliable. If one thing is wrong then you can kiss your engine bye bye. Are you planning on installing it yourself or having a shop do it for you?

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
".not going to drag this out please just grow up and answer the mans question your too old for this"

i tried!
briefly imo
get a well thought of kit [treadstone for example]
if you have mech skills install it yourself [don't even start it lol]
seek professional tuning
ask and learn, how to maintain the tune
take your time
seek quality parts, good fitments of those parts in your install, and good quality supportive hardware, like clamps and hoses
choose a good tuner and use the software he is familiar with
this is as far as i have gotten, and all of it comes from reading and talking
none from actual experience
but as we are on the same path, i thought i would share the scraps of the map i have found
good luck on your turbo build

as for too old
it may be true
after all moto-x i can no longer do
nor run 11 miles as i used to do
i'll cry for me boo hoo
but in the mean time
i'll concentrate on whats fine
thank you joe for the recent 14sec time
and can't wait to get mine to the starting line

old b15u-ers don't die
they just drag on

lol

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
i'm just trying to lighten things up

long term posters contribute a lot to this community
and we have a wide diversity of opinions
we just don't tolerate them very well
lol

but i learn a lot from everyones diverse experiences

it would be great, if every newbie would get assigned a "let me help you search that" robot

till then.....?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts