A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Don't wait for me I'm a wee bit over my time budget.
This is a no brainer imo though... it looks good, and is functional for those who frequently takes things off and put them back on.
Mounting area built in, or drill a hole somewhere else... pick your poison, but no need for extra bracket imo (disregard my fender flare).
DSC05119.JPG
Room to spare with a quick latch mini.
DSC05122.JPG
DSC05123.JPG
DSC05124.JPG
Also fyi Jegs was fast when I ordered last time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks for the reference photo's Dave.

Mine is scheduled to come in on the 9th. Their facility seems to be located out in Ohio.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i agree we wont need a bracket and seems very easy to do..i will be mounting mine as high as possible and as close to where the bumper meets the fender

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
oh shit thats hawt. My tabs on the inside of the rear bumper by the wheel well got chewed up from rubbing on the tire so now my bumper droops. I managed to zip tie it but it looks booty and will still rub at full compression. This will let me shave the tabs off completely and leave me more room for moar rubber! 255's whuut?!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I did the install today on the rear. Pretty simple, drill a a 1/4" hole and insert the pin. Then line up the bumper and figure out where to drill your 3/4" hole in your bumper.
2012-08-06 14.07.38.jpg
You can see where I've used scotch tape for the last month and a half because of the inner tab getting worn off. Note, I never had proper bumper fitment, those gaps are normal to me as I bought the car with a damaged rear end. The rear of the bumper sags, not the side where these clips. With this setup you might need double sided tape on the ends because wind will catch. Can't get the tabs much closer because of the gas cap. Just remember to do driver side first.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm on the fence about the ventus rs3. I think the direzza star spec edges it out just slightly, but for the price it's def my first choice. The star spec started out at the same price and then they shot up about 25$ so if I were you i would stock up.
how does this relate to the bumper retainers??

haha jp man
just giving you guys a hard time even though it is off topic

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice part to purchase. Especially for cleaning and what not. I'll be getting some as soon as I get the money.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: quick latch minis bumper quick release(installed pics added)

Watch out for corrosion on these. Held my rear bumper on for nearly a year now. But last night it flew off going to work. The latch still works, but its not completely secure. There was some rust I found on the one ball point.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Watch out for corrosion on these. Held my rear bumper on for nearly a year now. But last night it flew off going to work. The latch still works, but its not completely secure. There was some rust I found on the one ball point.
from their website

Will Quik Latch products rust?

Quik Latch products are made of T6 aluminum and stainless steel and they will not rust.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I did the install today on the rear. Pretty simple, drill a a 1/4" hole and insert the pin. Then line up the bumper and figure out where to drill your 3/4" hole in your bumper.
View attachment 33934
You can see where I've used scotch tape for the last month and a half because of the inner tab getting worn off. Note, I never had proper bumper fitment, those gaps are normal to me as I bought the car with a damaged rear end. The rear of the bumper sags, not the side where these clips. With this setup you might need double sided tape on the ends because wind will catch. Can't get the tabs much closer because of the gas cap. Just remember to do driver side first.
this is what i gotta do to mine now!! glad you got a picture of hows its done with the rear bumper.

my rear tab just worn down today when the bumper came off the wheel wore down that tap to nothing.

my rear lip fucking broke as well.

im debating on ordering two for both sides or just one for the broken side.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Re: quick latch minis bumper quick release(installed pics added)

I was contemplating installing mine more towards the tail light to reduce the sag

Although then it might look out of place lol

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
bump for a video i found of youtube of some guy who made the password jdm style bumper release for $1.75 using home depot parts

video is on the first post

21 - 40 of 50 Posts