A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Bumper quick release ; quik latch , password jdm, home depot with pics and videos

51K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  sknnyppy 
#1 · (Edited)
why i want to do this
1)lately i have been working on my car a lot and have been having to take off my front bumper
2)im not that low but where i work(my restaurant) we have a fat dip that is nearly impossible to drive up without possibly ruining your lip
3)i have two front bumpers a gxe and a ser 02-03 currently on the car i want to use the gxe bumper for daily driving and not having to worry about ruining any lips and the 02-03 for shows or the weekends and possibly track if i decide to make a functional splitter for it
4) other reasons but thats the main ones

yes i have done some research and seen various types of latches or setups from people and diff companies

password jdm ones
which i personally dont like(scroll to bottom of post for home depot $1.75 version with how to)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Bumper

sparco style which ruins your paint
Vehicle Headlamp Car Automotive lighting Bumper

not sure what these ones are called
but theres a bunch in this style
Transport Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive exterior Car

and my personal favorite which i feel would be easy to install are
quick latch mini style latches
toxicfab.com or whatever you wanna call them
Text Product Electric guitar Font Guitar

we have something very similar on our cars that is rights where the original bolt and nut that holds our bumper in place is located
its actually a part of the fender if im not mistaken
so it would be very easy to install
Font Photography Wood Metal

all you do is push this button and the side of your bumper comes right off
Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire Wheel

wanted to get some ideas from you guys or what you guys would do instead of this
(no i dont want to hear dont do it or any negative remarks)

or if any of you guys know of a latch that comes with a key
or if anyone has already done this to their car

Update of pics of them on my car

Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper

the hole i used is already in our fender bracket so no drilling is necessary( my fender bracket is cut to accommodate lower ride height)

Automotive exterior Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

PASSWORD RUBBER BAND STYLE LATCHES FOR $1.75
home depot diy

was looking through youtube and found this for you guys who want to run the rubberband password jdm fasteners without paying $50
this guy claims he payed $1.75 and got everything at home depot

See less See more
1 9
#6 ·
They are 20 each I think and 27 for polished or anodized black so 54 for the pair which is what the password jdm ones go for but these are much stronger ..blackrain if you end up doing this before I do post some pics on here

#7 ·
I was thinking about this too.

The Password JDM ones mainly, but I keep thinking some little punk kid is either going to cut the rubber band or steal it.

I am sick of the clips breaking on my front bumper (that hold the bumper to the fender), so I am curious to see where you go with this.

#15 ·
#23 ·
Don't wait for me I'm a wee bit over my time budget.
This is a no brainer imo though... it looks good, and is functional for those who frequently takes things off and put them back on.
Mounting area built in, or drill a hole somewhere else... pick your poison, but no need for extra bracket imo (disregard my fender flare).
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Trunk Vehicle door

Room to spare with a quick latch mini.
Auto part Tire Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire

Vehicle door Bumper Hand Auto part Gun

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Auto part Vehicle

Also fyi Jegs was fast when I ordered last time.

#27 ·
oh shit thats hawt. My tabs on the inside of the rear bumper by the wheel well got chewed up from rubbing on the tire so now my bumper droops. I managed to zip tie it but it looks booty and will still rub at full compression. This will let me shave the tabs off completely and leave me more room for moar rubber! 255's whuut?!

#28 ·
I did the install today on the rear. Pretty simple, drill a a 1/4" hole and insert the pin. Then line up the bumper and figure out where to drill your 3/4" hole in your bumper.
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Tire

You can see where I've used scotch tape for the last month and a half because of the inner tab getting worn off. Note, I never had proper bumper fitment, those gaps are normal to me as I bought the car with a damaged rear end. The rear of the bumper sags, not the side where these clips. With this setup you might need double sided tape on the ends because wind will catch. Can't get the tabs much closer because of the gas cap. Just remember to do driver side first.

#37 ·
I did the install today on the rear. Pretty simple, drill a a 1/4" hole and insert the pin. Then line up the bumper and figure out where to drill your 3/4" hole in your bumper.
View attachment 33934
You can see where I've used scotch tape for the last month and a half because of the inner tab getting worn off. Note, I never had proper bumper fitment, those gaps are normal to me as I bought the car with a damaged rear end. The rear of the bumper sags, not the side where these clips. With this setup you might need double sided tape on the ends because wind will catch. Can't get the tabs much closer because of the gas cap. Just remember to do driver side first.
this is what i gotta do to mine now!! glad you got a picture of hows its done with the rear bumper.

my rear tab just worn down today when the bumper came off the wheel wore down that tap to nothing.

my rear lip fucking broke as well.

im debating on ordering two for both sides or just one for the broken side.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.