A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
11,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Just wanted to give a heads up to those interested in this kit... they should be ready to ship sometime this week, so make sure to contact chuck (octotat) asap!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you sure they wont snap. the longer the bolt is the more leverage is put onto the bolt itself.
I mean it's a good idea but I've seen way too many of these things break, and if they do snap on the track then its goodbye sentra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I mean it's a good idea but I've seen way too many of these things break, and if they do snap on the track then its goodbye sentra.
please direct me to where this is documented. as far as i know none of my parts have ever failed.
i have the studs and couplers manufactured by a reputable race machine shop that builds products for direct sale as well as many speed shops. they run they're own products in busch and nextel series cars.

theyre made from grade 8.5 bolts, i believe. and have been used on Mike Kojima's track car which is beats the living crap out of. no issues.
wrong and wrong
the studs are a proprietary alloy
mike uses a bumpsteer kit from another manufacturer

thanks
-chuck

·
Registered
29 Posts
S2000 Forums -> [Caution] Snapped T1R Rear BSK - 10.11 S2KC @ WSIR : S2KI

I never claimed that your parts failed. I'm just saying with aggressive track use, unless with the use of quality materials, bump steer kits can fail. I've seen it happen many times. I've seen nascars use piss poor products as well, so busch and nextel series doesn't mean much.
look up speedway motors. Their products are all made in china, but also the biggest sellers in the circle track industry. Are they quality, not at all. Their rod-ends snap all the time too.

You'd surprised what race teams do in an economy like this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
in a quick google search this particular car/part was what i found as well

this is for a rear bumpsteer kit for a honda s2000
there are quite different dynamics in the front, steering section of a car. in a steering situation, the steering componants are able to transmit some of the forces through the steering system to the steering wheel and through to the opposite side of the car, effectively absorbing some of the shock, vibration and torque.

I never claimed that your parts failed.
glad we cleared that up

I'm just saying with aggressive track use, unless with the use of quality materials, bump steer kits can fail. I've seen it happen many times. I've seen nascars use piss poor products as well, so busch and nextel series doesn't mean much.
look up speedway motors. Their products are all made in china, but also the biggest sellers in the circle track industry. Are they quality, not at all. Their rod-ends snap all the time too.

You'd surprised what race teams do in an economy like this.
bump steer kits can fail, period. so can most other parts on a car. that is why it is very very very important to make sure your vehicle is properly maintained. if aftermarket parts are on your car, these in particular should be inspected regularly. if you track your car you should go over it with a fine toothed comb before and after looking for any problems.

most catastrophic failures can be traced back to poor maintanence or poor inspection

the nissan service manual calls for inspection of the steering, brake, and suspension systems every 3 months or 6000 mi which ever comes first. i would hope anyone using aftermarket parts on a car or using it in a performance manner would at least follow the factory suggested inspection intervals.

thanks
-chuck

1 - 20 of 33 Posts