A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents. It's been a while.

I've been driving a mb gle550e for a couple of years now.

It's big. It's pimpy. It used to feel quick.

Now I'm sure for an extremely big upgrade.

I'm a big dude. 6'5". The old b15 was tight before i ripped out the interior.

I've got a few ideas. I want something with power gains available on the aftermarket.

Ideas:
McLaren 720s
McLaren 570s
AMG S65 cabriolet
AMG GT63S
Alpina B7
BMW M8 competition convertible
BMW 7 series TT v12

Are there other options i should consider? Purchasing in December.

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Show your face around here like this....get the ban hammer ha ha

what year(s) you looking at?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly I've been looking at new cars.
For the more expensive models like the McLaren 720s, as much as 2-3 years old.

Super car performance + Luxury are on the ticket. I had considered the Nismo GTR, but it's a 12 year old design at this point and ultra expensive for such minor improvements over the Track Edition. Plus it's more racey than luxury. Lighter and smaller than most of the others (sans the McLarens) but few luxury features and not that much faster than the cars weighing half a ton more (~2.9->3.1s 0-60)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh snap! I forgot one model.

The 2020 Corvette C8 mid engine monster. It's amazing, but I'm not entirely sure I will fit in one. I have to find one to be sure before I order one and wait months..

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you got the money, why not start with the GTR? You can always sell it and get something new down the line.

That being said, the Corvette is the best bang for your buck. Get a base model, spend the extra 100k on mods.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
have you looked into trucks? Either a nice diesel turbo pickup or grand cherokee SRT?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
A few of those cars you listed are worth more than all B15s on here combined and then some.

If I'd had the cash, Nismo GTR would be my top pick.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not into trucks, but the Corvette is pretty fantastic.
It's super hot though, and unlikely for me to get one before the end of next year.
I'm hesitant to get a Vette because of the recent issues GM has had w/ Corvette transmissions.

The Corvette is sexy and I confirmed I fit in one, but now the allocations from the local Chevy dealer are 9 months out. There is even a dealer on Ebay selling allocations (not even saying when they are for..)

The GTR is pretty solid now. Since 2018 they have handled just about every complaint I've ever heard about GTRs. The carbon ceramic brakes are killer, but the new Hai grey interior is sexy as fuck.

I'm still looking around. zzzz

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
A new GTR would be super car speed and still with one of the lightest price tags, and with lots of aftermarket support. But if you are looking for super car S license shit, I would be all over any McLaren.

·
39,045 Posts
Aventador.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts