A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here from California? Do you have any illegal mods in your vehicle? How do you deal with smogging? Do you return it to stock? Or do you pay the "extra fee"?

Just wanted to know because I want to add cams but I don't if anyone else in California has their sentra cammed.

I know when I smog my car, I always have to swap back to stock header.

Thanks!

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
I don't count since I have out of state regs and this state can't touch me...fuck you cali smog....

What cams though... you might get away with a basic set.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wonder lol, I was like, I'm pretty I saw your location is SoCal. Lucky dude.

I know, I would have to get some with small lobes like nismo cams. Unless there is something smaller than those but bigger than stock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so i received in the mail a 2j plenum from one of the members here, I read the whole 22 pages in the 2j section and I'm still a little confused, like will there be cables dangling that are unconnected? Or are they all connected to something that will keep them working? I'm getting second thoughts of installing this lol.

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
The only thing that should be not connected is the secondary vacuum switch, other items may require a remounting in a different manner, is not that bad.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel injectors just "pop off"?, never had to remove any from any vehicle.

Sorry, but I think I'm going to be a bother, might plan to do this some time in the following 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
To answer your original question... (I live in california) it depends who smogs your car, and if they take a "Tip" in the form of 100$ bills to look the other way. Its becoming super risky to pass modified vehicles for these techs. Gotta pay to play.

Installing the plenum kinda sucks. If you aren't comfortable working on your car, get some car buddies to help you. Its not hard but its time consuming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.