A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got 1300 to spend on buying a used qr25... Don't have the time or patience to do a rebuild... So, can someone find an engine for me, or recommend a good company to go through? Would sure appreciate the help...
(Was gonna go through naganojapanese engines but I've read some bad reviews!)

·
Registered
908 Posts
With that much you might be able to buy everything for a stock rebuild for around 6-700.
Then pay someone to rebuild it.
If your block is still good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I can have someone else do a rebuild for 1300, plus I need the car done by mid June...

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ :\

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you were near me...there is a qr with decent miles for $500 obo

·
Registered
908 Posts
Elyria Ohio. 30 mins out from Cleveland.
Someone was parting one out.
Let me find it I'll post it.

·
6,803 Posts
Car-part.com lets you search complete used engines and you can search inventories of junkyards near you. So you can check them out locally.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Idk how you guts pay so much for motors.
They aren't a premium before race wars around here.

uploadfromtaptalk1399018641610.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399018653984.jpg

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
call 2jr
ask if they have any used motors or an old dyno motor;
they think are in good condition and are willing to sell.

i bought an old dyno motor from them , beat it to hell and it still ran well enough to survive
almost 43 hrs of further dyno tuning, many exhaust combos tried on the drag strip
and a year later it got 36mpg going to Al. with my wife

moral
if they sell you a motor
they know it's decent

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have any experience finding new or used engines at that price but I just replaced my qr25de for $2200 with one from engineguy.com
I know its well above your price range but I seriously replaced mine in 2 weeks with zero prior experience. Just in case it's something you'd consider, here's a link to what I got:

http://engineguy.com/06-02-nissan-longblock-engine-2-5-liter-4-cylinder-atk347-vin.html

I just hit 1300 miles last week and it's running super well. Increased my fuel efficiency. I figured out that if I get 24,000 miles out of it, it will have paid for itself with just what I got in mpg's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts