A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 08 sentra commuter, and it give me grief pretty frequently starting up....im fairly certain its the clutch pedal sensor. I tried jumping and bypassing the "switch" that is pressed when the pedal isn't pressed....but the issue reamined...so im guessing that wasn't the sensor that I needed to bypass....where should I look to find the right sensor? Is it on the trans somewhere?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
That was the wrong one, that one was for the cruise control. The actual clutch switch is behind the clutch pedal on a bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Behind the pedal, as in towards the firewall? Down low (towards pad?) Or up high towards the cruise switch?

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Firewall, look at the arc of travel and you should find it unless it's higher up on the fire wall.

I have 2 switches for my clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, theres nothing down low..theres just a metal plate where the pdeal hits...maybe theres one up higher...ill have to flip uoside down and get my head under there to look

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Push the seat all the way back, lean the seat all the way back, lay in seat upside down, wear a headlamp, you will see all.

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Only beginners lay the seat back...

Reactions: Kazspec04
1 - 7 of 7 Posts