A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are u supposed to hear the turbo at idle? i have the turbonetics setup t3 t4 ball bearing. i noticed its misfiring so i am waiting on the new coilpacks ,hopefully that fixes tghe problem. its backfiring like crazy too. when i drive i notice it goin into boost fairly easy but it lacks a lot of power . maybe its all correlated

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
What are you using to tune with?

EDIT: and no, you shouldnt hear it at idle.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You are not going to hear the turbo until you build boost, which only happens under some sort of open throttle (accelerating exhaust gases spinning the turbine and such). It is just going to flow through at idle, since there is not enough velocity from the exhaust gas to spin the turbine.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am waiting on the coil packs ...... car is misfirin like crazy .that's
Why I was wondering if its all correlated .

·
Registered
738 Posts
you might hear it at mild throttle if you're running an open downpipe that's recirculated. oter than that, no you won't hear it at idle.

hell my turbo doesn't even spin at idle.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
You gotta have a small ass turbo to hear it at idle with smaller engines. That's why I laugh when hondas pull up and you can hear them spooling

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had some people ask me why my Turbo didn't make
A noise at idle ... that's why I posted this . I just had to
Make sure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cause you have a big boy car and a big boy turbo, with big boy 4cyl displacemaent and big boy torque. :cool: . What are the AR's on your turbo?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts