A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this isn't a racing spec or engine mod build log I'm doing a full car audio install including modified panels. This is my first time ever attempting to do anything like this.

The build:

Hertz Dieci 6.5 inch components full active front
Hertz Dieci 87.3 coaxials custom kick panels
Hertz Dieci 6.5 coaxials rear deck
4 DC Audio Level 1 12's dual 2 ohm subwoofers
Clarion EQ
Dayton DSP
Head unit undecided
2 Taramps 400x4
Taramps Bass 1200
Complete sound deadening

Wiring/Electrical:

Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper Automotive wheel system Electrical wiring
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Gas Automotive air manifold
Finger Hood Vehicle door Denim Wood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Installed a 250 amp I powered alternator and a 60 amp hour AGM battery under the hood. I ran 2/0 welding cable from the alternator to the battery and then to the rear of the car. I did the big 3, fused shortly after the alternator and shortly after the battery.

I also ran speed wire from the front door panels to the rear which has seven 14 gauge wires contained within the gray jacket.

· Registered
787 Posts
That looks like a pretty nice job, don’t know much about car audio stuff so interesting to see

Reactions: dasupr3mek1ng

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some pics of the car as it is right now. Need paint and a lowering kit but I'm not an expert at that. I'm in El Paso and any recommendation for coilovers or springs that will work and not cost me a fortune would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you,

Lewis King

Sky Car Wheel Tire Grille
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The correct way to find the maximum box size that will fit into the trunk.

The way you do it is to measure front of trunk to back. Leave that measuring tape there

Measure thenopening at front of trunk

Then measure from front of trunk to the top of the trunk lip.

Take a second measuring tape, find the number for the depth of the box on the first measuring tape, then measure from there to the top of the tape measure. Subtract that from the trunk height.

That number will be the maximum height that will slide into the trunk at the angle of entry that the first measuring tape is at.

I thought about it and figured out the math. It's triangle geometry.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the final specs for the enclosure:

Font Screenshot Electronic device Terrestrial plant Darkness
Rectangle Azure Slope Font Line

That's the spl curve and the dimensions. That box goes all the way to the back of the trunk and will just sit down in it once it gets past the lip. It's fully maxed.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
'm having a problem figuring out where to put the amp rack though. The trunk is out of the question due to the box. I'm thinking to put it in the back of the fold down seat but that means I'll never be able to raise it up if someone needs to sit in the back. But it's gonna have to go somewhere where they can get air.

Any advice that would be appreciated.

· Registered
3,471 Posts
I'm not understanding why you cant put it behind the folding seats and put the seats up like normal. Few other options are under front seats. Underneath rear deck (sort of like where the stock amp sits). At the spare tire location as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not understanding why you cant put it behind the folding seats and put the seats up like normal. Few other options are under front seats. Underneath rear deck (sort of like where the stock amp sits). At the spare tire location as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I can actually put them on the rear seats and close them still. I figured it out.

They can't go in the trunk or the spare tire well there's no space. The box takes up the entire trunk from front to back and side to side.

Here's how they fit on the back of the seat. I made a cutout of the opening to make sure they had enough space.

Wood Rectangle Beige Font Hardwood

Maybe that'll help anyone else trying to do the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts