A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so as the title stated, I was driving when suddenly the car just stalled out and now all it does is crank. At first I thought it was the fuel pump, cuz I've been having long start issues, so I changed that and nothing. My second thought was the crank position sensor, so I replaced that, and nothing. I feel like if it was a bad coil pack the car would still start but just miss and throw a code, so I haven't tested the coils yet. Other than these things I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have an engine light on ?
Have you checked which codes have been triggered ?
I didnt have a code when it died on me, but I had to towed to my house and I don't have a scanner. I was planning on trying to borrow one from the parts store tomorrow after work and see if that turned anything up. I tried to do the pedal dance but I can never get the timing right.

·
Super Moderator
5,225 Posts
Sounds like your charging system is shot which is strange as you have the amps to crank but I believe I have had the same issue before. Pull batt. and alternator and get them tested.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like your charging system is shot which is strange as you have the amps to crank but I believe I have had the same issue before. Pull batt. and alternator and get them tested.
It cranks for days. The battery is brand new, and I replaced the alternator within a few years ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,225 Posts
Check the plug on the cam sensor then, it won't start if it doesn't see cam signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts