A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

so my 2006 Spec V starts, but it cranks for too long, particularly after the car has warmed up, around the neighborhood of 3-5 seconds.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issue? Currently no check engine light. 119k miles on the clock, stock except for the exhaust manifold which has been replaced with a catless header.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the two most common causes I found were either a bad headgasket or bad fuel sending unit. Hopefully it's not the headgasket :eek:, but I don't seem to be losing coolant, the coolant is clean, and so is the engine oil. I will keep an eye on those as I drive, to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
you didnt pay attention to the ones titled 'fix'? its a known issue, involving fuel being drained back to the tank when you shut it down, simplest fix that worked for me, for years, was just to hesitate a few seconds after you hear the fuel pump start, and then start the car, or you can install a check valve.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey shanover and yogi, thanks for the tip about waiting with the key on before starting the car. It does seem to help shorten the start time, but I still feel like its a little bit longer than it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts