A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, kinda new to this, I got my 05 specv with around 83,000 miles and about a month ago the steering wheel started to shake more around 70-80 mph, only randomly, and now about a week ago it sounds like the engine is misfiring randomly too. When it does front (passanger side) of the engine shakes hard the pulles sometimes quiky when its shaking. I have checked the spark plugs and coils but cant find anything to indicate a cause. The engine is basically stock so idk where to check now.

·
Super Moderator
5,148 Posts
Did you check if the are codes at all, you may have pending codes, pending codes don't trigger a check light.?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If there is a loss in power it's a coil. For some reason the cel takes a lifetime to come on. I feel like it's something in the front end at that speed. Too high for tire balancing.
Motor mounts seem hard to believe at a cruise speed at 2800rpm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there is a loss in power it's a coil. For some reason the cel takes a lifetime to come on. I feel like it's something in the front end at that speed. Too high for tire balancing.
Motor mounts seem hard to believe at a cruise speed at 2800rpm.
Yeah, I was thinking one of the coils too. The sparkplugs and serpentine belt are under 5k miles. Also, the car worls perfect about 30% the time but when it doesnt my cat ideals around 900rpm and when its really bad the engine bay will sputter and squeek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts