A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently got new tires for my 2012 Nissan Sentra SR installed. After the wheel alignment and installation, my car was still drifting to the right a little. I went back a couple days later and asked for it to be done again. After the second time, the to the right was still there and the technician told me that there is nothing they can do to adjust my front right caster and front cross caster.

I changed the lower control arm, brake hose, and brake caliper to rule out any other reasons. Has anyone experience this? I have attached a picture of my alignment printout. Maybe you can notice something wrong that I can’t based off the numbers.
Handwriting Font Rectangle Material property Gas

Handwriting Font Rectangle Material property Gas

·
Administrator
6,779 Posts
Control arm bushings or ball joint to the knuckle from control arm are shot. The only other thing I can think of is the strut is bent. This is all concentrated to the pass side.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Control arm bushings or ball joint to the knuckle from control arm are shot. The only other thing I can think of is the strut is bent. This is all concentrated to the pass side.
i just replaced the lower control arm yesterday so it can’t be the bushings. Only other thing could be the strut being bent or maybe the strut mount is shot? What about a framing issue? I did hit a curb a year or so ago doing 25-30 in a unlit neighborhood.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I hate these layouots. Is actual and after spec? And the B16 still has the solid rear axle right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate these layouots. Is actual and after spec? And the B16 still has the solid rear axle right?
specified range is what is should be within, actual was the final result. And yes it does have a solid rear axle. My FIL suggested it could be the strut mount or adding shims to the rear

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just a thought. Could it be the crown of the road? Roads are often made with a crown, high in the middle to shed water to either side of the road. Have you tested in a flat parking lot? Middle lane on the highway?

Is it pulling under power (not full acceleration, just normal driving) but straight with steady throttle? Could be "radial steer". What I bought spec back when, it would pull to the right under power. Dealer said it could be it. Changed tires and it was gone.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Different tire sizes def effect steering wonder. I would hope its not that obvious.

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
That's caster pull + road crown. Car will pull towards the one with less caster, hence the specified range is more on the right side so that the car pulls to the left to compensate with the road crown.

On a sidenote the car will pull towards the one with more camber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts